Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:10:01 PM EDT
Looking at a BCM 14.5 complete middy upper, any suggestions for a lower? Also, I'm a bit confused about from a law standpoint of the process of owning one. Where do I get all the info?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If it comes with an appropriate muzzle device pinned on then you're good to go and don't need to worry about anything. If not then you'll need to do a Form 1 on your lower and pay the $200 tax. Post up a link to the exact upper you're looking at.

As for which lower to buy, why not just get a BCM to go with the upper?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it comes with an appropriate muzzle device pinned on then you're good to go and don't need to worry about anything. If not then you'll need to do a Form 1 on your lower and pay the $200 tax. Post up a link to the exact upper you're looking at.

View Quote

Cost, can't do it all off the top, I'd like to but can't . I don't have a particular upper because still trying to decide my needs. I just know I'm wanting something shorter than 16" without going to 115 right out of the gate. just thinking I want something different than the rest . I can see this being my hd weapon unless later I see I want something shorter than this. So many choices, how do I decide on what I'm looking for, that's dumb. Where do I go to find this info, I don't have a problem in figuring out what I want from a long gun. I think I want mid gas though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Cost, can't do it all off the top, I'd like to but can't . I don't have a particular upper because still trying to decide my needs. I just know I'm wanting something shorter than 16" without going to 115 right out of the gate. just thinking I want something different than the rest . I can see this being my hd weapon unless later I see I want something shorter than this. So many choices, how do I decide on what I'm looking for, that's dumb. Where do I go to find this info, I don't have a problem in figuring out what I want from a long gun. I think I want mid gas though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then I would build an AR pistol lower with the sig brace in the meantime and start the SBR process on it. That will let you figure our what barrel length you really want and be able to use the thing while your stamp is pending.

And who knows you might just like the pistol so much you may not even want to SBR it i.e. no paperwork to cross state lines and can be loaded in a vehicle concealed. (assuming your state allows them)
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Some people might go with what I did. I have a  stamped 10.5" SBR, and in jail is another that will be 7.5". I just received a 14.7" barrel that I had a suppressor host PWS FSC 556 permanently attached to make it a legal 16.0". I wanted the longer barrel for my collection, but didn't want to tie up a lower just to use it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Wow,thanks for the tip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top