Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:06:35 AM EDT
I picked up a Kriss Vector that I plan to Form 1.   I bought the pistol version, as adding the folding stock is pretty easy once the stamp comes in.

I like the Vector because I already have a few Glock .45s and like the idea of mag compatibility.  Also, I have a Silencerco Octane 45 on hold at the local shop, and it will go nicely on the Vector once its stamp comes in.  

Who has SBR'd a Kriss and/or suppressed one?  What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a sbr Kriss and a Ti-Rant.

I love it. I have one bad mag, but other than that it runs great.

I have done a couple of IPSC style shoots with it and it is fast.

I wish I would have form 1 ed a pistol.  My last form one took 33 days
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there a secret to removing the thread protector?  

I am taking it to the range today - can't wait to see how she shoots!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it has LH threads

Same as my HK and G21.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it has LH threads

Same as my HK and G21.
View Quote

HAHAHA!  Oh boy...  I was just tightening the stuffing out of it!  I'll try to turn it the OTHER way...  This kind of stinks, as my other .45 barrels are .578x28.

Well, I took it to the range with my G17, Sig 938, and M&P22.  I brought a couple other guys from work who wanted to try it out.  Honestly, I wasn't impressed, other than the fact that it is a .45acp that feeds from Glock 21 mags.  Once I get the stamp back and the stock on, I think I'm going to be singing a different tune, but without a stock, it is just an unwieldy beast.  

It had ONE stovepipe malfunction with the 25rd mag.  We shot 150-200 rounds through it with that one jam.  Not bad for a first time out.  New guns oftentimes have a hiccup in the first couple hundred rounds.  

(The range had zombie targets setup for free, as we are near Halloween.  I would never have BOUGHT that target...)
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Why don't you put a AR tube adapter on it and run a Sig brace while you wait?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Because Form 1's are taking around 30 days, and I'd like to think I have SOME patience left!  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
How does it run with the can?
I've heard its noisy due to the big ass chamber and that's kept me from picking one up.

I like my guns on the quieter side
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]
If that question was directed to me, I don't know.  I don't currently have a .45 can, but it is in the works!

I don't need extreme suppression - just enough so I don't bother the neighbors!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not as quiet as a pistol, but not loud either.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's not as quiet as a pistol, but not loud either.
View Quote

Thanks!  I know it's subjective. I found the FNX Tactical to be noisier than the 1911s and those noisier than the USP Tactical. I have a friend who thinks 1911s are quieter than the USP. I'll have to try one when I get the chance.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is mine with a couple of my other setups:

Mine is a factory SBR, but is the same as what you will have once you put the stock on it.  I use a Tirant on it.  It is a neat range toy and is reasonably accurate.  It now wears a T1.  I believe it would make a good HD gun, but I am a lot more familiar/trained with the AR platform, so that is what I use for HD duty. It now wears a T1.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a H1 4moa and a Tirant on mine.

VFG is a must, I had trouble run and gunning mine. I would hit mag release with support hand. It is my only gun that I have a VFG on.

Would not think twice about it being a good HD choice.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It had ONE stovepipe malfunction with the 25rd mag.  We shot 150-200 rounds through it with that one jam.  Not bad for a first time out.  New guns oftentimes have a hiccup in the first couple hundred rounds.  
View Quote

The Kriss oftentimes has hiccups no matter how many rounds. Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a factory sbr that wears an osprey and I can echo this.  I have no proof of this, but I feel like it is actually been more reliable with the supressor.  Probably because of the backpressure
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?   Is this just with the 25rd mags or even with the stock 13rd mags?

What are other's experiences?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

both for me
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wish I wasn't serious. My first 200 rounds were flawless, but it went downhill from there. I've only used the 25 rnd mags.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]
This is a good read, specifically from okent further down.  I have had the same problems as him and have sent mine back to the factory once

http://beta.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=48&t=296428
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top