Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 3:06:31 AM EDT
MK18 is nice but the BCM looks pretty sweet too. Who has both and runs the BCM more?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Sample size of one but I do have the 11.5" BFH KMR upper and a DDMK18. At first I REALLY enjoyed the weight difference, still do. But then I realized there were easy options to reduce the weight of my DDMK18 too...

I haven't had a lot of time or rounds with the KMR yet but, to me, I had more issues with mounting the light for ambidextrous use. For example, on the DDMK18, I run a Surefire at 3 o'clock and the XT07 pressure pad at 12 o'clock behind BUIS. With the KMR, I needed to first address the mounting solution so I initially went with a Haley Strategic Partner Offset KMR mount. This seemed ok originally but more fondling proved inconvenient since ambidextrous use was impeded by the light and caused me to shift my grip. The reason was because with the KMR, I had to place the light further back on the rail in the similar position at about 3 o'clock. The Keymod system has to fit in the 'groove' so it required that I move it back or nice it's position.

So, now I run the Surefire light at 12 o'clock in front of the BUIS on the KMR....which I don't like since I haven't used that grip and functioning on the Surefire X300U seems much more likely to have an AD of the light with this grip than my C-clamp style with the pressure pad. I don't mind changing grip from platform to platform but both the 11.5" KMR and DDMK18 are in the same category - which is to say they wear the same stuff and are used in the same shooting role for me.

Now some people like the light position there and then there is no problem. Others can hang that light mount over the end of the rail to help with distancing the light from the rear of the rifle....I couldn't since I always run cans on my SBR's...

YMMV. Many people will say that this isn't a big deal to then, that's great. I don't like the changes in shooting grip on the same platform. It is very much noticeably lighter though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top