Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2014 9:59:53 PM EDT
Form 1 came back the other day so I got to work on my PPS43.   Instead of peening the release button over the release bar like the original installation, I made a new release button with a threaded end.  I didn't feel like hammering on my receiver not to mention installation was a breeze.
BTW: I made a few of these so if you need one let me know.

Then I tapped the release bar.

Next up was to open up the hole in the receiver.  The hole for the release button is supposed to be 11mm in diameter but that seemed a little sloppy so I started off with a 10mm end mill. The head of the release button I made is 9.5mm in diameter just like the original.

Then just reassemble.  I took the time to center the spindle right over the middle of the receiver (and stock axle) so the release button lined up great with the smaller 10mm hole.

LOOKS GOOD!  Ready for a little range time.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent work - message me details as I would be interested in one of those - this conversion has been on my list for some time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks awesome man! Thanks for the write up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job! I am definitley interested in one as well!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I am also very interested in one PM please
Thank you for sharing

T
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
much easier than mine , the stock didnt line up in the open position when I did mine so I ended up having to use the pivot axis pin from the donor to get it all to work .
total pain . Yours looks great as well
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
They are a ton of fun to shoot, especially in full auto.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone having issues with empty brass getting stuck down in the lower? I have the 9mm version.  It seems oiling it helps tremendously I am thinking a stronger load would help bolt velocity and ejection. Any experiences?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice job! I am definitley interested in one as well!
View Quote

I have had enough interest so I actually posted the kit on GB

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=449590363
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link shows it's sold.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Link shows it's sold.
View Quote

I'll run a few more and relist but they won't be ready until early next week (11/3).

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone having issues with empty brass getting stuck down in the lower? I have the 9mm version.  It seems oiling it helps tremendously I am thinking a stronger load would help bolt velocity and ejection. Any experiences?
View Quote

Mine did this but after replacing the pivot pin with 2 black hex bolts and making the upper/ lower fit tight, this problem has gone away. Seems a simple fix.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Mine did this but after replacing the pivot pin with 2 black hex bolts and making the upper/ lower fit tight, this problem has gone away. Seems a simple fix.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you use nuts I presume?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top