Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2014 12:53:24 PM EDT
Have a nice first gen Contender in the safe, took it hunting once or twice for pistol only season in Indiana.

Other than that, don't really shoot it as I got too many guns and not enough time.   I have a .44 mag and 223 barrels for it, although never shot the 223 barrel.

Its a nice shooter in 44 mag.  Anyway, think about selling it but the values on them seem depressed.  Instead I thought about making it an SBR as there is a nice folding stock for them.

However, think I might just be wasting time and money.  It would make a super quiet host, but I would probably end up shooting it just slightly more than I do now which is just a bit more than zero.

Thoughts?  Would I just be happier with a Rugger 44 bolt action?  I wish a distributor would commission a special run with 16" threaded barrels.   Or just get a .458 SOCOM upper, I have the AR SBR lowers to run them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat. My TC just sits in the safe, but I've thought about picking up a 357 magnum barrel and getting it threaded to sling heavy (subsonic) projectiles through a 9mm silencer. I'd probably be forced to drop $200 into turning it into a SBR at that point.

Luckily a barrel hasn't dropped in my lap as of yet so I've resisted the temptation.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just do it.

You know you want to.  

I've got short barrels in .22LR (a little too short for a stock), .357 mag, .300 Whisper, .44 Mag, and a couple of long barrels.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Only a matter of time before I do. I have a 12 inch .357 Maximum and 14 inch .30-30 that need a stamp and my cans.

RC
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just do it.

You know you want to.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/GarrettJ/103_5663.jpg

I've got short barrels in .22LR (a little too short for a stock), .357 mag, .300 Whisper, .44 Mag, and a couple of long barrels.
View Quote

Do want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top