Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2014 5:23:02 PM EDT
Alright, so I submitted two Form 1's on Aug 29 to build SBR's.  Payed the tax for both and they've been "Submitted/In Process" since.  Now here comes my problem.

I went in today to check on the status and for some reason I decided to view the forms to ensure the serial numbers were correct.  After I did so on the first Form 1 I clicked the "Save" button at the top left hand portion of the screen.  When I went back to home screen it showed a new tab on the left hand side of the screen entitled "Draft Forms."  I went to that and noticed when I clicked save it created a draft Form 1 with a different ID number and no submitted date.  

So, after checking that I still had two forms in the "Submitted/In Process" column, I went back to the "Draft Forms" tab and clicked on the action to delete the new Form 1 from the draft column as I didn't wish to have a new Form 1 in the "Draft" column.  

It asked for me to confirm and that the process would delete the form, to which I clicked on "OK".  

After it deleted the form from the "Draft Forms" column, I went back to the "Submitted/In Process" column and noticed it had also deleted the Form 1 that I had created a draft off of.

WTF!

You don't even have the option to delete a Form 1 once it's been "submitted" so I don't understand why deleting something from the "Draft Forms" column should also delete it from the "Submitted" column.

SO, I've already went to "Ask The Experts" and explained my problem which hopefully will result in contact with someone who can help me.  

Does anybody have any experience with something like this happening?  I didn't receive an automatically generated e-mail or anything from the E-Forms site notifying me of the cancellation of the Form 1 so I doubt they'll be sending a refund.  Just trying to figure out where I should go next with this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
They'll probably still be able to see it.

Never delete Draft copies.

I'm going to add that to the Visual Guide.

FYI...same thing happens (duplicate copy in DRAFT) if you go back in an add another attachment after submission. I uploaded an Amendment to my trust for four F1s, after having an issue with two paper submissions. All four of those are in both the APPROVED and DRAFT sections, and will stay that way.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They'll probably still be able to see it.

Never delete Draft copies.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/6F434D76-9AF6-4CAD-B88E-2157DDE230CB_zpslrjfg31b.png

I'm going to add that to the Visual Guide.

FYI...same thing happens (duplicate copy in DRAFT) if you go back in an add another attachment after submission. I uploaded an Amendment to my trust for four F1s, after having an issue with two paper submissions. All four of those are in both the APPROVED and DRAFT sections, and will stay that way.
View Quote

Awesome man, thanks for the help.  So if I'm reading this correctly that means the ATF still has my submitted Form 1 and everything is still good to go, however, I just won't be able to see it in my "Submitted/In Process" folder, correct?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Awesome man, thanks for the help.  So if I'm reading this correctly that means the ATF still has my submitted Form 1 and everything is still good to go, however, I just won't be able to see it in my "Submitted/In Process" folder, correct?
View Quote

Correct. Hopefully the answer you get from Ask The Experts confirms this is the case for you as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to add the following:

Tip: Don't fuck with your eForms, just wait patiently till you get the email that it has been approved.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did this same thing and yes they will still be able to see it.  I used the ask the experts and sent the serial number, make, and manufacturer.  I received a response within 24 hours stating that is was still in the system even though I could not see it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:25:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I this same issue. I have not deleted my form that was duplicated in DRAFT either. Although I have that form approved. I was going to delete the draft copy but I wont now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top