Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2014 1:30:52 PM EDT
SO first off, should I run a matech buis (what I plan on using) or a kac micro buis? my front sight is a magpul pro, but eventully I think I am gonna switch to dd sights. I will also run a eotech 553.a65  Ok the real question is should I just zero either one like I would zero a m4 / 16inch rifle? (25 meters battle zero). alright, flood me with your ideas!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
SO first off, should I run a matech buis (what I plan on using) or a kac micro buis? my front sight is a magpul pro, but eventully I think I am gonna switch to dd sights. I will also run a eotech 553.a65  Ok the real question is should I just zero either one like I would zero a m4 / 16inch rifle? (25 meters battle zero). alright, flood me with your ideas!
View Quote

Why not just use a MBUS Pro for the rear since you already got one on the front?  They are on my SBR and have been great so far.

As far as zero goes that is up to you (there are a ton of threads discussing benefits from one or the other).  FWIW, I run a 50yd zero and haven't had any problems from 10ft out to 400yds, just gotta remember remember your holdovers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pic from TOS that gives a bit better representation, from 0 to 250 with the 50y zero the differences are pretty negligible.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
"Why not just use a MBUS Pro for the rear since you already got one on the front?"  There is no front sight on my dd mk18. that's why I bought one
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I zero at 50 with red dots.

100 with anything that has magnification

Irons get sighted in at 50 for me
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Why not just use a MBUS Pro for the rear since you already got one on the front?"  There is no front sight on my dd mk18. that's why I bought one
View Quote

Yeah, I get that..  Was just suggesting a MBUSpro rear to go with the pro front you have.  They are great, tiny BUIS and sold at a very fair price to boot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I get that..  Was just suggesting a MBUSpro rear to go with the pro front you have.  They are great, tiny BUIS and sold at a very fair price to boot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a huge fan of magpul. I will keep my personal opinion to myself. I bought the front sight because on amazon it was will priced. I will probably sell and switch to a Daniel Defense front sight. I don't want to blow almost $200 on a kac front sight just to make it proper, fuck it. Anyways, Washington state law is fucking dumb so I will probably hold off either way until the law is clarified to protect my trust legally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top