Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2014 10:22:12 PM EDT
I have a troy that I had lying around and it gets hot a hell. I feel like that is going to happen w/ these modular type of rails.

What do you guys like on your SBRs? I don't plan on getting a suppressor any time soon, but it's always in the back of my mind.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm trying to build my 11.5" upper now...

Deciding between the 10" KMR and a very lightweight quad rail on an FSB set up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. I've yet to catch onto the keymod fad. I wish Geissele had a 10ish inch mk4 non keymod rail. I think they have a 9.5" one which is what I'm leaning to, just wish it was a little bit longer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with a CASV-EL, then a DD 9.5 FSP and then back to the CASV.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
That 9.5FSP rail is really nice...

What length barrel is that?  Do you know the weight of the rail?  My goal is lightweight....it's what draws me to the keymod in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That 9.5FSP rail is really nice...

What length barrel is that? 11.5" Do you know the weight of the rail? Not a clue. My goal is lightweight....it's what draws me to the keymod in the first place.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah. I've yet to catch onto the keymod fad. I wish Geissele had a 10ish inch mk4 non keymod rail. I think they have a 9.5" one which is what I'm leaning to, just wish it was a little bit longer.
View Quote

The only Keymod item I have on my KMR is the BCM sling mount.  The KMR is just so light it is hard to choose anything else.  I now have 2 of them.

Top Rifle:
BCM upper receiver 
Daniel Defense 12.5" CHF 5.56mm barrel w/ factory pinned low-pro gas block 
Griffin Armament Tactical Compensator w/ tabbed washer 
Spikes melonited carbine length gas tube. 
BCM KMR 10" handguard w/ KAC Panel Kit
BCM Keymod Sling Mount 
Spikes Tactical BCG 
BCM Mod4 Charging Handle 
Daniel Defense front BUIS 
Troy rear BUIS 
Surefire X300U-A (will be adding a Unity Tactical EXO) 
Vltor EMOD Stock
Trijicon TA33G-H ACOG w/ Larue LT-105 mount
Blue Force Gear VCAS sling w/ aluminum adjuster 

****9lb 0oz including 8 CR123A's, spare bolt, spare firing pin, spare gas key, spare gas rings, and a loaded 20rd PMAG w/ 75gr Hornady TAP FPD ammunition****

Bottom Rifle:
BCM complete upper receiver w/ standard 11.5" CHF 5.56mm barrel and A2 flash hider (will change out to either the Griffin Comp or Vltor A2 when the suppressor comes in)
BCM KMR 10" handguard (need panels if BCM ever releases them)
BCM Keymod Sling Mount 
Spikes complete BCG 
BCM Mod4 Charging Handle 
Daniel Defense front BUIS 
Troy rear BUIS 
Surefire X300 (will be adding a Unity Tactical EXO) 
Vltor IMOD Clubfoot Stock
Aimpoint CompM4 w/ Bobro mount 
Blue Force Gear VCAS sling w/ aluminum adjuster 

****8lb 9oz including 6 CR123A's, spare bolt, spare firing pin, spare gas key, spare gas rings, and a loaded 20rd PMAG w/ 75gr Hornady TAP FPD ammunition****

Griffin M4SD II is on order at Silencer Shop so I will have that in 9-10 months

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I prefer URX 3.1 but am not opposed to keymod...just haven't been there yet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Easy BCM KMR 10", or Geissele MK4 keymod 9.5".... Done

Own both would buy either again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I went with a KAC URX MED 10.75, clears my AAC Blackout beautifully.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
I wanted to go w/ a 3.1 but it doesn't come w/ the barrel nut wrench

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the correct answer for me. Working out the details on an 11.5 with the KAC URX 3 rail.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:29:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Went back to latest version of magpuls hand guards, They have clearance for piston set ups. Light with an afg.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#13]
10" Seekins MCSR V2 on an 11" barrel.  It's my first keymod rail and I've decided I like it as its lighter than having unnecessary quad rails. You can still add sections where you need them and they lock on tight.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anymore, I'm not sure why anyone would NOT go with a keymod.  Having switched over to them from the fat, heavy, uncomfortable quadrails, I'm pretty sure the keymod is not just a fad but an improvement over the quadrails.  Of course that is just my opinion
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Im happy with my 11 inch Samson Evolution Rail (Rainier Arms Version)
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#16]
11" NSR
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#17]
One in the middle has an MCSR 10" on it.  The rails themselves come down to preference, but I think 10" is about perfect for and 11.5" barrel.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Did you use a spacer to gain clearance?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you looked at Geissele's budget line, ALG Defense?  It's high quality, light and very affordable. And they have 10".
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Samson 11" with a DD 11.5" barrel.  Had a Levang comp in this pic, has a can now.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes. I used one of the gemtech spacer kits. Just took one of the full turn spacers and one of the 1/2 turn and I still had plenty of thread depth by silencercos specs. I then torqued it down pit on the suppressor and saw where it wore. Then smoothed it down with a file and hit it with alumablack.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#22]
good 'ole KAC RAS

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#23]
+1

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#24]
on my 11.5" i used a 10" ALG Defense EMR.  i like it a lot and only $130-ish.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#25]
10" centurion is best rail.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Not all quad rails are heavy...

Spikes SAR3
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#28]

can't argue with this

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#29]
MI 10.5" SSK

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#30]

That is Badd_Ass!

I have my Mega lower complete with the VLTOR FDE stock and the Magpul MOE+ FDE. I am gathering the peices to build my 11.5" upper and was thinking about the MI FDE either M-Lok, Key-Mod or the GEB 2 T-Series all of which come in the FDE.

How close does the MI FDE match to the VLTOR and the MAGPUL? The VLTOR and my MAGPUL grip are slightly different but I am okay with that, just wondering how close the MI FDE is to them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is Badd_Ass!

I have my Mega lower complete with the VLTOR FDE stock and the Magpul MOE+ FDE. I am gathering the peices to build my 11.5" upper and was thinking about the MI FDE either M-Lok, Key-Mod or the GEB 2 T-Series all of which come in the FDE.

How close does the MI FDE match to the VLTOR and the MAGPUL? The VLTOR and my MAGPUL grip are slightly different but I am okay with that, just wondering how close the MI FDE is to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is Badd_Ass!

I don't think the MI FDE is an exact match with any of the other FDE's

MI has said themselves matching the anodizing even from batch to batch is nearly impossible. I was going to have it ceracoated to match the receivers but I'm fine with it the way it is.  Depending on the angle and light the color  looks different.

Regardless of color, the rail is badass! When my can gets here I think the gap between the can and rail will be minimal due to the 10.5" length.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's another picture with different lighting

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

MI has said themselves matching the anodizing even from batch to batch is nearly impossible. I was going to have it ceracoated to match the receivers but I'm fine with it the way it is.  Depending on the angle and light the color  looks different.

Regardless of color, the rail is badass! When my can gets here I think the gap between the can and rail will be minimal due to the 10.5" length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is Badd_Ass!

Thanks for posting the extra pic. I think you have helped me make up my mind. I couldn't go with an 11" rail because I am going to run an SWR/Silencerco Specwar on it so I was looking for 10 or 10.5" handguard.

The 10.5" is the way to go. What Can are you waiting on? Can you take a close up pic of the end of your rail and the muzzle brake you have?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm waiting on an AAC 762sdn6. I might have to adjust the light but I'll wait till it gets here and see.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally able to buy one of the BCM uppers!  The BFH 11.5" KMR uppers are back in stock...I honestly didn't think I would make it in time for the free BCG.

ETA: The upper appears to be out of stock already!  Glad I jumped on it when I did!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm waiting on an AAC 762sdn6. I might have to adjust the light but I'll wait till it gets here and see.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/snowbalt/399bb4aa01e428eec3f1db94ce426421.jpg
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/snowbalt/8b3fd4056fb4e23174093a5389ba8dba.jpg
View Quote

It'll cast a shadow but you won't have any clearance issues, if that's your concern.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/snowbalt/399bb4aa01e428eec3f1db94ce426421.jpg
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/snowbalt/8b3fd4056fb4e23174093a5389ba8dba.jpg
View Quote

Thanks snowbalt! That is exactly what I was looking for, just enough room for the suppressor and the barrel almost completely covered.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#38]
DD MK18 RIS II

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top