Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 4:40:01 PM EDT
Got the email today that my form 1 was dissapporved this morning without any explanation.  Went to the site hoping to get some info and there is nothing.  The form is now filed under "Dissapproved" and of course they are closed for the weekend.

Has anyone had this happen?

UPDATE 9/4/14: Damn, ATF must be working two shifts. Just received the approval email for the replacement form with the corrected caliber.

Pics in-bound after the stock gets delivered and installed.

Submitted 8/11/14, approved after correction 9/4/14
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Best bet is to call them with all your info when they reopen and ask sorry for your luck
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate that.

Sucks that they kicked it back on a Holliday weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Appreciate that.

Sucks that they kicked it back on a Holliday weekend.
View Quote

If you view the form, there's not a 5th page with explanation? Pretty sure that's where I found mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Figures. Website is down.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Figures. Website is down.
View Quote

It would be on the attachment as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it.

"Unable to format the desired caliber in our system"

The caliber was in the drop down window.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
So what caliber did you use so we know what not to put?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got it.

View Quote

I think every "caliber" that anyone has entered, even if it is not acceptable, is listed in the drop down.  What did you use?...for example, Multi-caliber is listed, but it is NOT acceptable.
Edit: anyone that is going to efile should use BigWayons "how to efile" that is listed in the stickies. Guaranteed success when using his guidelines.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Got it.

View Quote
Unfortunately, just because the caliber is in the dropdown, doesn't mean it's acceptable.  What you can do is submit a new eForm, and then email [email protected] with both the new and old control numbers while explaining what happened.  That has helped speed up the approval process for many after receiving a disapproval...

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, just because the caliber is in the dropdown, doesn't mean it's acceptable.  What you can do is submit a new eForm, and then email [email protected] with both the new and old control numbers while explaining what happened.  That has helped speed up the approval process for many after receiving a disapproval...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got it.

Thanks AP, will try that Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got it.

View Quote

Not sure exactly what you chose, but I know there's a known issue (besides multi) if you choose some of the ones like 5.56x45 or 7.62x39. The system basically craps out.

As mentioned by AP, it should get fixed pretty quick. Here's the info if you want to know why the "email Ted" response is given. Don't wait until Tuesday. Just do it now. You may be surprised. (This is all assuming that floating another $200 for a couple weeks isn't a financial burden, which it definitely can be).
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#12]
They put out an email earlier regarding calibers.  They reject multi and want just the bore size not the specific cartridge.  .22 for 22lr and 5.56 for 5.56x45.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Just fired of another form 1. Hopefully they can push it through.   Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They put out an email earlier regarding calibers.  They reject multi and want just the bore size not the specific cartridge.  .22 for 22lr and 5.56 for 5.56x45.
View Quote

And here's part of that bulletin:

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#15]
So... What caliber did you choose?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/2E731681-2C6E-453B-B60C-0939959FA365_zpstqfbkgpk.jpg

Damn, I just dropped off two paper Form 1s for the local CLEO to sign and I listed one of the calibers as "9x19". Is that an issue with paper forms too?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn, I just dropped off two paper Form 1s for the local CLEO to sign and I listed one of the calibers as "9x19". Is that an issue with paper forms too?
View Quote

You'd like to think it's the same rules. But, I have a paper form approved 4 months ago that says "300" Blackout". I'd think you're good to go.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/2E731681-2C6E-453B-B60C-0939959FA365_zpstqfbkgpk.jpg

I just got a eform 1 approved using 9x19. I was worried, but it went thru.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

So... What caliber did you choose?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry for the late reply guys.  I chose 7.62x39.

Apparently,  I chose...poorly.  They like 7.62 ONLY.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:42:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I filed my first eform a week before those caliber instructions were sent out and I had put 300 AAC as my caliber.  It was approved but someone had changed it to say 300.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry for the late reply guys.  I chose 7.62x39.

Apparently,  I chose...poorly.  They like 7.62 ONLY.
View Quote

That's one of the ones that crashes the system for whatever reason. I've seen several people mention being Disapproved for that one, and then getting an Approved form the next day after resubmitting and emailing Ted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#23]
So do the the lowers become caliber specific?

i.e, I register a 5.56 lower, I can NOT just slap on a 10" 300 Black upper?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#24]
You fill out the Form 1 for the configuration you're initially going to build.  You can then change it to whatever barrel length (longer or shorter than specified) and caliber you want.  ATF requests, but has no legal or regulatory authority to require, that you notify them of any "permanent" change in configuration.  It's up to you whether you consider any change in configuration to be "permanent" on an AR.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Just fired off an email to Mr. Clutter about the disapproval and newly submitted form.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn it. Just filed the other day for a PS90 and used the drop down menu to select 5.7x28. I guess I'll see if it gets kicked back because I can not go in and change it now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn, ATF must be working two shifts. Just received the approval email for the replacement form with the corrected caliber.

Pics in-bound after the stock gets delivered and installed.

Submitted 8/11/14, approved after correction 9/4/14  
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I did it too...submitted my first form 1 with e-forms and selected 5.45x39 as the caliber.  I knew better too...caliber is just the bore diameter, not the cartridge designation.  God, I'm such an idiot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top