Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2014 8:49:06 PM EDT
Haven't been here In a while. Sold my ARs a few years ago and decided to pick one up again. There is a great deal on the DD MK18 right now so I ordered one and a Saker 556 to go with it. I guess I'm going to have to just put it out of my kind for now. Should have plenty of time to stock up on ammo until my forms are approved.  

Dealer told me not to use 855 on such an expensive rifle. What does the ARF brain trust say about that?

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you e-filed, I'd say you better get to buying ammo tonight...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't efile. The dealer didn't give that option. I dropped my paperwork off at the sherif's office today for him to sign.   I'll get my photos done next week. I have to wait till the rifle comes in the get the serial number so the forms can be sent in.  Hoping to have it by spring.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't efile. The dealer didn't give that option. I dropped my paperwork off at the sherif's office today for him to sign.   I'll get my photos done next week. I have to wait till the rifle comes in the get the serial number so the forms can be sent in.  Hoping to have it by spring.
View Quote

Why didn't you efile the sbr form 1 yourself?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:20:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm just guessing cuz he bought a complete gun thats already in the registry and has to fill out a form 4 which have not yet returned to eforms?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just guessing cuz he bought a complete gun thats already in the registry and has to fill out a form 4 which have not yet returned to eforms?

Oh ok. Yeah, that would make sense
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.  I don't think I could build a complete rifle for 1299 built the way this one is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And also because if he's getting CLEO sig, he's filing as an individual which can't be done in EForms.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I efiled my first lower yesterday.  My only approved stamp is a trust filed, paper form 4 for a sparrow. I had to get this done.  I can't believe the incredibly low wait times of the efile form 1. Gonna do a saker 762 next.  Yay toys!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I gotta look into this Efile deal.

I have a Noveske Gen 2 lower in the safe. If i thought it could be an SBR in a month or two id already have done it.  Don't really need another Sbr but shit...
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have a Noveske Gen 2 lower in the safe. If i thought it could be an SBR in a month or two id already have done it.  Don't really need another Sbr but shit...
View Quote
Yep, 17 days for my last one...

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was a guy in the MK18 thread that posted a pic of an e-filed Form 1 that got approved in 1 day. Had to be a fluke, as most people are hovering between 2 and 4 weeks, but now is the time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, mine took 19 days .  I really don't need anymore SBR's either, but I'm going to go ahead and do my Saker/Noveske lower, a 10/22, and my SCAR17.  That wait time is just too nice.  If they get Form 4's back online and get them turned around that fast, I'm afraid my savings account will be toast!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top