Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 1:43:24 PM EDT
I have search on line and so far I got mix answers....The question I have is about converting a glock to an SBR, like using a RONI kit.
I understand that I need to fill out a form 1 and pay a 200 dollar stamp...and then of course the engraving...but I was just told by a co-
worker that once the glock has been converted to an SBR ( with a RONI stock ), that I cannot convert it back to a pistol...

Anyone with a RONI kit or a KPOS kit can tell me if I can go back and forth...ie, pistol-then play around with the RONI kit at the range-then
go back to pistol again and use is for conceal carry? or any other way for that matter...

please.....lets not turn the topic to a discussion of why would anyone turn a glock into an SBR when you can have better options out there....
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Pistol -> rifle -> pistol = OK
Rifle -> pistol = not OK
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Waylon nailed it, as usual. I scoured the Internet last night, but I guess the are no Glock 18's in the registry. That's what I want! Good luck with your build man.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rifle -> pistol = not OK
View Quote

Okay now I understand....kind of like saying....

Girl with a guy, then girl with a girl , then girl with a guy again = OK

but

Guy with a girl, then guy with a guy, then guy with a girl again = not OK....basically, no turning back on that... LOL
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Waylon nailed it, as usual. I scoured the Internet last night, but I guess the are no Glock 18's in the registry. That's what I want! Good luck with your build man.
View Quote

Thanks...I specifically bought my glock for a RONI kit its the only polymer gun I own, but I prefer of having the option to go back into a pistol once in a while for some range time....I own several 1911.
I already got my paperwork back and my glock is ready for engraving and I am now looking for a RONI kit on the internet....
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

but

Guy with a girl, then guy with a guy, then guy with a girl again = not OK....basically, no turning back on that... LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rifle -> pistol = not OK

but

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

but

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rifle -> pistol = not OK

but

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

but

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rifle -> pistol = not OK

but

Loved that ^^ LMAO

Jake at Quietriot had some Roni Kits he got from a police agency here in GA that apparently didnt know they needed to have ATF stamp for them. They are Black. He is letting them go for a good price too! Give him a call, here is his  website . They arent featured on the website.

Now no post is good without pics so here is mines !!!!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have search on line and so far I got mix answers....The question I have is about converting a glock to an SBR, like using a RONI kit.
I understand that I need to fill out a form 1 and pay a 200 dollar stamp...and then of course the engraving...but I was just told by a co-
worker that once the glock has been converted to an SBR ( with a RONI stock ), that I cannot convert it back to a pistol...

Anyone with a RONI kit or a KPOS kit can tell me if I can go back and forth...ie, pistol-then play around with the RONI kit at the range-then
go back to pistol again and use is for conceal carry? or any other way for that matter...

please.....lets not turn the topic to a discussion of why would anyone turn a glock into an SBR when you can have better options out there....
View Quote

You're in Texas. Conceal carry and open carry are both fine for rifles and shotguns. Regardless of the ATF's opinion that it's fine to go from pistol > rifle > pistol, I believe it's fine to conceal carry a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jake at Quietriot had some Roni Kits he got from a police agency here in GA that apparently didnt know they needed to have ATF stamp for them. They are Black. He is letting them go for a good price too! Give him a call, here is his  website . They arent featured on the website.
View Quote

As info...these are all gone, and have been for awhile according to Jake. He does have one left that's missing the cocking handle and front grip if you're desperate.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

but

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rifle -> pistol = not OK

but

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Regardless of the ATF's opinion that it's fine to go from pistol > rifle > pistol
View Quote

That is ATF's opinion!!

How is it that we are still debating something that was settled with a technical ruling 3 1/2 years ago?

Mike
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
As far as the OP's question, I have 2 Glock lowers with stamps, an assortment of slides, barrels, optics, springs, etc to use with a couple short Mechtech uppers (.45 and 10mm), a Roni (.40, .45, 10mm) and a fab defense Stock (again .40, .45, 10mm).

Mike
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is ATF's opinion!!

How is it that we are still debating something that was settled with a technical ruling 3 1/2 years ago?

Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Regardless of the ATF's opinion that it's fine to go from pistol > rifle > pistol

That is ATF's opinion!!

Mike

Reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As far as the OP's question, I have 2 Glock lowers with stamps, an assortment of slides, barrels, optics, springs, etc to use with a couple short Mechtech uppers (.45 and 10mm), a Roni (.40, .45, 10mm) and a fab defense Stock (again .40, .45, 10mm).

Mike
View Quote

How do you like the fab defense stock? What's your overall opinion?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Two questions:

1. What is the correct sight height for the Roni?  AR height, or Sig 556 height. I know the cheek piece has a riser, so please answer for each.

2. Will the Roni run with a Glock .22 conversion unit installed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top