Charles did a great job on my 870!
Thank you!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Great job on two stripped AR lowers.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got my SCAR 17 back, very nice job as usual!  Almost looks factory, huh?

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Another +1 to CS223.  Fast turn around and quality work.  Below, I've attached a picture of the engraving, with my trust name and city removed.  There's less than 0.9" of usable width on the front magwell, so my city and state abbreviation wouldn't fit on one line.  Instead, Charles was able to make everything fit by putting the city and state onto two separate lines and having each fully spelled out.  I had the caliber engraved on the receiver as well since my barrel caliber marking will not be readily visible once my handguard is installed.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Another satisfied customer here.  Slight delayed which Charles communicated to me.  (Still less than 10 days door to door which is good in my book.)

Was able to do the trigger guard on a billet lower, which was more work for him.  Definitely the nicest job and service I've dealt with as far as engraving goes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Question about the city/state.
Is that where you currently reside? My trust doesn't have a location.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It actually doesn't have anything to do with where you reside, or your trust.

The statute (27 CFR 479.102) states:

(iv) In the case of a domestically made firearm, the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the manufacturer maintain your place of business, or where you, as the maker, made the firearm;

For a manufacturer, it's tied to their place of business. For a maker, which is what someone who filed a Form 1 is considered, it's simply the physical location you were standing when the firearm is completed.

Yes, for most people, that's your home address...but it doesn't have to be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question about the city/state.
Is that where you currently reside? My trust doesn't have a location.

It actually doesn't have anything to do with where you reside, or your trust.

The statute (27 CFR 479.102) states:

(iv) In the case of a domestically made firearm, the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the manufacturer maintain your place of business, or where you, as the maker, made the firearm;

For a manufacturer, it's tied to their place of business. For a maker, which is what someone who filed a Form 1 is considered, it's simply the physical location you were standing when the firearm is completed.

Yes, for most people, that's your home address...but it doesn't have to be.

Ahh, I see... so I suppose Mount Doom wouldn't be feasible.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Another +1 for CS223. Took a touch longer than expected, but the work is top quality and most importantly to me, he took the time to answer all of my questions.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#10]
CS223, email sent.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Another +1 for CS223. Cheap, fast and great quality. What more could you want? Very happy with how it came out.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]
IM sent
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I highly recommend using Charles for your making needs. Excellent quality, fast turn & shipping.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know for SURE if the caliber is required? I have two receivers, one is marked 5.56 the other is multi. They are engraved by the manufacturer. Is that all that's required? I'm not sure if I want to make a 9mm yet or not.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If it's not marked anywhere else, yes. The barrel often meets the requirement.

ATF Ruling 2013-3 spells it out fairly clearly. Take special note of Item 5:

5. If the caliber or gauge was not identified or designated (e.g., marked “multi”) on the firearm, the manufacturer, importer, or maker must legibly and conspicuously mark the frame, receiver, barrel, or pistol slide (if applicable) with the actual caliber/gauge once the caliber or gauge is known.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know for SURE if the caliber is required? I have two receivers, one is marked 5.56 the other is multi. They are engraved by the manufacturer. Is that all that's required? I'm not sure if I want to make a 9mm yet or not.

5. If the caliber or gauge was not identified or designated (e.g., marked “multi”) on the firearm, the manufacturer, importer, or maker must legibly and conspicuously mark the frame, receiver, barrel, or pistol slide (if applicable) with the actual caliber/gauge once the caliber or gauge is known.

Thank you very much. It reads that "multi" is acceptable. At least from my interpretation.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#18]
almost every single ar barrel I've ever seen has been marked with caliber, FWIW
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Then you need to work on your interpreting skills. (Unless you were saying it was acceptable to use it, but would need to engrave it)

There's no problem using a lower marked "multi". However, the firearm must be engraved with the caliber if it's not present on the lower. This can be done on the frame, receiver, barrel, or pistol slide (if applicable).

If the barrel is marked, and marked "conspicuously", then you're good. Otherwise, you must engrave.

(You also can't put "multi" on the F1)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you very much. It reads that "multi" is acceptable. At least from my interpretation.

Then you need to work on your interpreting skills. (Unless you were saying it was acceptable to use it, but would need to engrave it)

There's no problem using a lower marked "multi". However, the firearm must be engraved with the caliber if it's not present on the lower. This can be done on the frame, receiver, barrel, or pistol slide (if applicable).

If the barrel is marked, and marked "conspicuously", then you're good. Otherwise, you must engrave.

(You also can't put "multi" on the F1)

I'm an idiot, thanks for clarifying. I think I prefer it on the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#21]
A huge +1 for Charles. The engraving on my PS90 receiver looks great. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Any issues engraving an mpx? How much would I have to strip the lower down for Engraving?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#23]
What's the best shipping method for getting my lower there?

I am about 35 days into waiting for my efiled form 1, I fugure I better get it engraved ASAP
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:41:53 AM EDT
[#24]
What's the price for the engraving. Sorry I only looked at the past couple pages.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top