Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they have to be shipped back to a FFL?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do they have to be shipped back to a FFL?
View Quote

Nope. Engraving is consider a "repair", and it can be shipped directly back to you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my lower back today. Approximately 1 week turn around, very professional communications, lower looks great.

Will do business with again!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Got my lower today after some USPS weirdness. Looks great, will happily do business again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Been trying to get ahold of him, can anyone get me his order form and info.

ETA: Got in contact with him
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Been trying to get ahold of him, can anyone get me his order form and info.
View Quote

Just message him here on the board - CS223
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Another +1
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
He did a great job on my 10/22 receiver. Exactly where I wanted it and very unobtrusive.

I got it back in under 7 days even through two snowstorms (UPS decided to not deliver a package on due on Thursday until Tuesday because they're too wimpy to deal with the snow, my mailwoman trudged through 1' of snow to deliver the receiver)
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My first SBRs, sent them off to member CS223 and just got them back today.  Look great, easy/no hassle transaction, couldn't be happier.  Anyone needing to do this, don't hesitate to use him!  (just PM him here, he replies very quickly with info)

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=67752
View Quote

look very nice, i'm looking to sbr very soon so I think ill be using him!
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
A quick question,

I have a Spike's Compressor 2 lower that has a huge flared magwell. I want to form 1 it. Could the engraving be done on the inside of the magwell lips? Very visible with the mag out.

Good idea or no?

Either way, it's going to CS223 for engraving
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:38:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I've sent Charles several emails over the past two weeks and still was never sent an order form. I did get a brief one liner saying he would send it though. Oh well, I'm glad to hear Ident is only taking about a week to process now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I've sent Charles several emails over the past two weeks and still was never sent an order form. I did get a brief one liner saying he would send it though. Oh well, I'm glad to hear Ident is only taking about a week to process now.
View Quote
Focused Light Engraving in Longwood FL has Next day service as well.

I had some email issues on my end that I've solved. It seems that Google no longer supports new Exchange accounts and when you upgrade you phone you have to now use the Google Mail app. even though the Exchange account will continue to work on your older devices. I also changed one account to imap from pop which wiped out some messages too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#13]
CS223 did a awesome job on mine too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Yet another +1 for CS223 work and customer service.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had some email issues on my end that I've solved. It seems that Google no longer supports new Exchange accounts and when you upgrade you phone you have to now use the Google Mail app. even though the Exchange account will continue to work on your older devices. I also changed one account to imap from pop which wiped out some messages too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I just picked the worst possible time to get in contact with you . Thank you for taking the time to explain what was going on even though you didn't have to. I guess I'll send my next F1 to yall down the road.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Another +1 for CS223, got my lower back today and it looks amazing, top notch work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks CS223. Got my lower receiver back today and looks awesome.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I know it's been talked about for years, have you guys been engraving caliber on your rifles or no? Mine's marked Multi and I'm afraid the handguard will obstruct the view of the barrel caliber marking
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know it's been talked about for years, have you guys been engraving caliber on your rifles or no? Mine's marked Multi and I'm afraid the handguard will obstruct the view of the barrel caliber marking
View Quote

I talked this over with my trust lawyer, and if the caliber stamping on the lower is "MULTI", and the barrel marking is not in location where you can easily read it without removing parts, you do need to get either the lower receiver, the upper receiver or the barrel engraved/etched/stamped to indicate the caliber you are submitting to the BATFE on your form 1.

Also - as long as you have the ability to  put the SBR back into the configuration you specified on the Form 1, you can change uppers to have different calibers & barrel lengths etc... (so having another upper in 300 BLK with a 9" barrel is OK on the SBR you Form 1'd as a 10.5" 5.56, as long as you still have the 10.5" 5.56 upper in your possession)

It strikes me as odd that we can buy "MULTI" lowers and make them into firearms with 16" or greater length barrels (rifles) or <16" barrels (pistols) and not worry about the caliber markings, but for making a SBR, it has to be exact. Seems silly to me.

Take care,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also - as long as you have the ability to  put the SBR back into the configuration you specified on the Form 1, you can change uppers to have different calibers & barrel lengths etc... (so having another upper in 300 BLK with a 9" barrel is OK on the SBR you Form 1'd as a 10.5" 5.56, as long as you still have the 10.5" 5.56 upper in your possession)
View Quote

That's bad information. Zero legal requirement to be able to return it to Form 1 specs, regardless of what your lawyer told you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's bad information. Zero legal requirement to be able to return it to Form 1 specs, regardless of what your lawyer told you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Big Waylon,

Interesting - I guess it depends on how you define the term "recommends". From the ATF Q&A page...

"ATF recommends written notification to the NFA Branch when a firearm’s configuration is permanently changed or removed from the purview of the NFA."

So if I sell my 10.5" 5.56 upper, and buy a 9" 300 BLK one instead - they "recommend" telling them, but they don't require it (well, as of today that is). I guess my lawyer is leaning towards the safe side of not giving them a reason to be involved - I think I'll still follow that thought. (it's not like I plan on selling the 10.5" 5.56 anyway)

Take care,
Bob S.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hey Big Waylon,

Interesting - I guess it depends on how you define the term "recommends". From the ATF Q&A page...

"ATF recommends written notification to the NFA Branch when a firearm’s configuration is permanently changed or removed from the purview of the NFA."

So if I sell my 10.5" 5.56 upper, and buy a 9" 300 BLK one instead - they "recommend" telling them, but they don't require it (well, as of today that is). I guess my lawyer is leaning towards the safe side of not giving them a reason to be involved - I think I'll still follow that thought. (it's not like I plan on selling the 10.5" 5.56 anyway)

Take care,
Bob S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Big Waylon,

Take care,
Bob S.

There's no interpreting to it.

Recommends does not equal Requires.

If there was a statute to back it up, you know the ATF would've answered it that way. Just like they recommend you notify them if you sell it as a GCA firearm, but can't require it.

For instance, I have multiple 5320.20 forms approved where the serial numbers match my F1s, but caliber and barrel/overall length do not...and I've never notified them of anything.

Notifying them is perfectly fine, and is something you're welcome to do. Just don't do it under the pretense that it's necessary, or continue to spread that internet myth just because a lawyer/dealer said so. Look up the statutes yourself.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
3rd receiver done by CS223. Couldnt be happier.  Inexpensive, fast turn around, great quality.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone had an MP5 sent to CS223? Would love to see what it looks like. I know the AR lowers he has done are awesome.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Anyone had an MP5 sent to CS223? Would love to see what it looks like. I know the AR lowers he has done are awesome.
View Quote

Here's one I can share.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think I saved pics of all the jobs I did for him so at least I can use them for examples when I get around to revising the website.

For the record, I won't post pics of customers work for privacy reasons.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Just had my lower done by CS223.  This gentlemen is a great businessman and a true craftsman.  Exceeded expectation.  One week door to door.  Thanks Charles.

Stray
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Had few lowers done, will he do FNH Scars?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#30]
When I did my first SBR in 2009 I had sent it to Anvil...they didn't machine to depth and just did it with a laser. What a waste of money, ended up sending it to CS223 to fix.

Can you do something like this? I don't have an HK yet, but have the itch (and have for years)...

If that link doesn't work, the pic can be viewed here
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/213114-finally-mp5k-n-tsc-form-4-cleared.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

When I did my first SBR in 2009 I had sent it to Anvil...they didn't machine to depth and just did it with a laser. What a waste of money, ended up sending it to CS223 to fix.

Can you do something like this? I don't have an HK yet, but have the itch (and have for years)...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14946975/_MM_2884.jpg

If that link doesn't work, the pic can be viewed here

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/213114-finally-mp5k-n-tsc-form-4-cleared.html
View Quote

Sure though I've seen some chatter as to whether that location would be considered "conspicuous". The font looks a little large in the pic. I might be able to get two lines in a regular configuration above the hole.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Just received my second lower from Charles, great work, communication, and turn around time, very satisfied
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got two lowers back from cs223 and couldn't be happier...I had them back exactly 7 days after I mailed them out.  pleasure to due business with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Just had two lowers done by Charles fantastic work excellent turnaround time, I definitely will be using him for all of my engraving needs in the future.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Question for CS223, are you able to engrave under the trigger guard? Picture for reference.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Question for CS223, are you able to engrave under the trigger guard? Picture for reference.

http://home.fuse.net/blackrifle/engraving.jpg

View Quote

No, I can't get in there with my CNC machine, one of the few if not the only location that I can't engrave. That generally takes a YAG fiber laser.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#37]
PM sent CS223. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Just got my lower back from CS223 and the work is flawless.  I highly recommend
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
No, I can't get in there with my CNC machine, one of the few if not the only location that I can't engrave. That generally takes a YAG fiber laser.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://home.fuse.net/blackrifle/engraving.jpg

Thank you for the quick response sir.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#40]
WOW!  Sent two receivers Monday afternoon via USPS to CS223 and received them back today. Six days mailbox to mailbox. The engraving is as everyone else has stated ... quality work, pricing and service.  

Thank you Charles.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Mistakes happen. It is how you deal with them that shows quality and character. I asked for my trust name to be engraved on the left, but it got done on the right. Even before I got it back he contacted me about the mistake offering to replace the lower, I thank him but it was already for an approved stamp. Besides I was pretty happy that he offered the shipping service. My schedule is such that in 6 months I haven't been able to get it done locally. Here I read about an honest guy who I can mail it to and get it mailed back? I am on that! So reguardless of where the engraving is located I am happy to have it done. He says next engraving is on him and he is going to refund my money! I tell him while I wont send any money back I really don't need it and besides the work looks great and is top quality. Seriously I am a happy customer no need to send anything back. He had already mailed a refund and get this.... He refunded more than I paid. Now I am starting to feel bad as he made a small mistake that really had no effect on my lower and now I have more money than when I started! Now I am going to have to go buy something else to be engraved and send him his money back!

Like I said it is how you deal with mistakes when they happen that sets good customer service apart from crap. Charles more than made up for it and still delivered quality work. I would not hesitate and deffinatly will work with again and reccomend him to others as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#42]
A big +1 for Charles. He did a great job on my MP5 clone and the turn around time was fast.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I've always wondered, is it possible to engrave inside the magwell or on the lip?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've always wondered, is it possible to engrave inside the magwell or on the lip?
View Quote

Inside the magwell (I'm assuming you mean up the inner-magwell face) is not conspicuous when a mag is inserted, and many have done on the magwell lip if the magwell flare is thick enough.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
I've seen quite few done on the lip. I'm not set up to do it there but anyone with a fiber laser can do it. Accubeam out of Sarasota FL, Focused Light Engraving in Longwood, FL, Ident Marking, there are others as well.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Email sent CS223.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#48]
CS223, email sent.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Got 2 lowers back today, they both look great. Big +1 to Charles.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Charles has done a few odd ball jobs for me i.e. Black Aces receiver, Kriss Vector, PS90, and a Savage 720. All of his work has been top notch. Send him your items with confidence......
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top