Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2014 6:27:53 AM EDT
Realized that I might have submitted my form 1 with an error..... damn.
So for the manufacturer with the drop down menu I typed "A" and it formulated all of the manufacturer choices.  I scrolled down and looked at the Spikes choices.
Well my lower says "SPIKES'S TACTICAL APOPKA, FL U.S.A"
I did not see that as an option and for whatever reason selected "SPIKES TACTICAL LLC"

So am I screwed? If so does anybody have the email of an examiner? A huge thank you in advance.

ETA - this is not an existing rifle, this is a brand new stripped lower that I purchased for my trust.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You can try [email protected]. That's who's processing the "fixed" forms when you get disapproved.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can try [email protected]. That's who's processing the "fixed" forms when you get disapproved.
View Quote

Awesome - thanks BigWaylon!
Edit - I emailed him and will post an update....fingers crossed.

Response from Ted was damn fast:

"Suggest you allow the process to continue, will be made possible to revise the minute issue upon successful registration of product by writing letter to the NFA Branch to precisely identify w/ our Records…

Otherwise, you may decide to WITHDRAW, then RE-APPLY?"

I am not sure I fully get his response. But I think I will let it ride out, hopefully get approved and then just send a letter identifying the correction for their records.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
"minute issue" - small or inconsequential error in the nature of a typo that does not substantially alter or obscure the meaning

Ted's telling you to let it be, get approved and go on with life. And if it bothers you, you can write in a correction to the records after you've gotten your approval.

Or if it really, really, really, really, really bothers you, withdraw your application and submit it again correctly.  Your call.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"minute issue" - small or inconsequential error in the nature of a typo that does not substantially alter or obscure the meaning

Ted's telling you to let it be, get approved and go on with life. And if it bothers you, you can write in a correction to the records after you've gotten your approval.

Or if it really, really, really, really, really bothers you, withdraw your application and submit it again correctly.  Your call.
View Quote

Roger that. thanks man.  I will let it ride.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it will go through with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I am not understanding the issue!? Apopka, FL is their location, Spikes Tactical is the manufacturer. Wouldn't Spike's Tactical be the correct choice anyways?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe I am not understanding the issue!? Apopka, FL is their location, Spikes Tactical is the manufacturer. Wouldn't Spike's Tactical be the correct choice anyways?
View Quote

Spike's Tactical is the correct choice. It is just a question of how to word it.  I guess the issue (for me anyway) is that in the past (when I sent in Form 1s paper filed) the description for the manufacturer was "word for word" what was engraved on the lower - that was my concern.  But since this an efile - I do not know how that works or if there is any change.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an approved eform 1 with just "Spikes Tactical"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top