Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 10:13:55 PM EDT
Hello,

I currently have about 4 AR's going. 2 complete and 2 being built. 1 being a BCM ELW-F middy w/kmr and SPR'ish 18 build. (Love the ar15 bug!)

Recently, I have caught the bug for an SBR/CQBR/MK18 mod 0. I haven't shot one yet, but everyone needs one right? ;)

Now

Here are my 2 completed 14.5 AR's. I do NOT want to modify these carbines in anyway. They are set how I want, minus an accessory or two possibly.

I don't have a picture of the others yet as they are not complete.

What do you recommend I do? I don't want to turn this into what the role of all my rifles are, etc. I just need some solid advice.

Here are my options I thought of (All would be through a trust):

1) Buy a LMT lower, SBR via trust, order 10.5 LMT or other upper and go from there. Be a dedicated suppressor host. Eventually get a suppressor.

or

2) SBR my current 14.5 lw bcm lower, and eventually sell or keep the 14.5 upper and put towards a 10.5 or 11.5

Thanks!

Also want to mention, I do not want to go 300 blk. As awesome as it is, the ammo price is crazy and I don't reload, unless I can be convinced otherwise to go this caliber.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Id Efile a form 1 on the BCM lower while its only a 30day turn around. They buy or trade for a 11.5 BCM upper while you wait.    That's what I was going to do till a $800 DD MK18 w/ raptor CH and SSA trigger fell into my lap.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id Efile a form 1 on the BCM lower while its only a 30day turn around. They buy or trade for a 11.5 BCM upper while you wait.    That's what I was going to do till a $800 DD MK18 w/ raptor CH and SSA trigger fell into my lap.
View Quote

It really is a 30 day turn around right now?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, most are 30 days or less.
PSA has some decent 10.5" uppers for sale from time to time, $329 w/out BCG/CH.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Any other opinions?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Just SBR one of your existing AR lowers and buy a <16" upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top