Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2014 5:38:47 PM EDT

Form 1 arrived last week, parts arrived yesterday.  Its a 8" Seekins barrel with an Aero upper and SLR 7" handguard.  Can is a 9" TBAC 30BA.

Broke it in today at 50y and 250y in all four configurations with Gemtech 187gr subsonics, Remington 220s, and Hornady Whipser 110gr VMAX.  Bullet drop at 250y with subs was fun.  With the can on its fun, but its snappy and farts a little.  Its got a PA micro dot and magnifier zeroed for the supers.  The irons are zeroed for subs.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Good lookin rifle!!  At first glance I thought it looked pretty funny without a pistol grip, it blends in too well.

How's it group?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't get a chance to shoot for groups today, but we probably grouped 2 moa or with the Gemtech and Hornady.  FWIW, that's about par for my eyesight with short-radius irons and a cheap red dot.  I usually shoot a lot better with a half-decent scope. 12" steel plates at 250y were boring easy with the Hornady supers, and the Gemtech subs did a lot better than I expected.

Accuracy-wise, the Remington 220s were not very impressive.  I don't think my chamber likes them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Accuracy-wise, the Remington 220s were not very impressive.  I don't think my chamber likes them.
View Quote

FYI those sucked in my bolt gun. PNW ftw

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good looking setup.

BTW, the Rem 220s are starting to get a pretty bad rep, from everything I'm seeing/reading.  I too fall into the camp that they suck, and that comes from personal experience.  I'm hoping to try the Gemtech 187 grain soon and I'm hoping they perform much better in the accuracy dept.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Although the. Gemtech ammo is only advertised as plinker ammo, I thought it seemed fairly accurate.  Glad I bought a case.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had the Remington green/yellow box 220gr subs group 4MOA in my 8.2" Noveske and then the next box grouped 1MOA (both at 100 yards).  My handloads with the 220gr SMK are usually around 1MOA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top