Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 3:32:54 PM EDT
Posted this in the build your own section with no replies, let's see how it goes here...

Finally got my trust going and going to build an SBR upper when the stamp comes in. I already have a 11.5" stainless Larue barrel that I pulled off an upper several years ago trying to stay on the good side of the ATF. The receiver, rail and whatnot have all been used elsewhere since then. So now I need to build around that barrel. I know what I tend to go for, but I want other opinions. The only thing I will steer away from are fully railed ff tubes. I want something modular like a keymod style or the Troy/VTAC. Need all other parts from receiver to BCG to flash hider. Let's hear your ideas!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
For flash hider, I highly recommend a QD mount for a can. After all, that's why you got your trust...right?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't wait for the stamp.  Go ahead and build it up in a pistol configuration with the parts of your choice while you're waiting for the stamp of approval.  I'm sort of partial to AIM Nitride BCGs at the moment.  As BigWaylon indicated, what suppressor are you planning to run?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at a few different ones but undecided still.  I do like the Surefire mini though, even if it is a bit pricey compared to others that are as good.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been looking at a few different ones but undecided still.  I do like the Surefire mini though, even if it is a bit pricey compared to others that are as good.
View Quote

It's pretty well mutually agreed upon that SureFire cans are constructed very well and have one of the better mounting systems but are noticeably louder than similar sized cans. The other big detractor of SF cans is their price, usually several hundred higher than comparable cans.  I am using SilencerCo Sakers myself because of the modular mounting system and are as quiet as anything else out there and are on the smaller side of the length and weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top