Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2014 7:19:26 PM EDT
Got a great deal today on a 10.5" chrome lined upper, A2 receiver and F-marked FSB (I know that's not ideal).

Anything the military ever used SBRish with an A2 upper I could turn this thing into? I know here's the XM177 but I don't really want to hang a 5 inch flash hider on it when it can be short.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
well...........the xm177 did not use an A2 upper. Assuming you would be happy with an A2 uppered 177, except for the long flash hider/moderator, then you might would also be happy with an A2 uppered 607. It used a 10 inch barrel, with the early ones using the 3 prong hider, while the later ones used a 3.5 inch moderator. (no flash hider slots)
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
There was the 733 used in the black hawk down timeframe that used an a2 upper on a 11.5 barrel and theres pictures of the xm177 type carbines with bird cages instead of moderators so a 10.5 with an a2 upper and birdcage would look the part just wont be a perfect clone of anything
Eta:found some pics

I know this one ^ has an a1 upper but they were made with a2s
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Heh, fortunately I don't have the patience to be one of the cloners that makes every little detail match. I'd be afraid I'd get it done then not wanna beat on it too much since it's an accurate clone. Just figured I'd make something a little different but with something to model it off of.

I saw that "Blood Diamond build" thread over in the retro forum and liked it - may do something along those lines but with a regular bird cage to keep it short.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top