Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2014 3:29:17 PM EDT
After a looong nine months my firstborn SBR finally sees daylight.

Here are the particulars:

7.5" Adams Arms piston upper
Scorpion Tactical lower (they're a local Central Texas shop)
CMC single-stage trigger module
LAW Tactical Gen II folder
Rogers Super Stock (I know Arfcom hates these, but it's tight, super light and comfortable)
Magpul K2 PG
Wilson Acutac FH
Larue flip front sight
Can't remember where I got the folding VFG
Primary Arms MD-06 on a Larue mount
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
looks neat
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
NIce.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
That's one bad ass little SBR !
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
That's awesome!

What's its length when folded?  Width?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
How do the folding stocks work on the AR?  Seeing as there is a buffer and buffer spring would you still be able to shoot it when folded?

How is the buffer and spring held in place when folded?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Reading is fundamental.

Nice shorty stick OP!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice stick
I could have gone all day without knowing that stock adapter existed...now I must have one
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice stick
I could have gone all day without knowing that stock adapter existed...now I must have one
View Quote

Good luck finding one.

I'm waiting on the release of their Gen 3. I sent them an email a while back but still haven't gotten a response as to when they are expecting them to be for sale to the civilian market.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
AR folding stock adapter

Quoted:
How do the folding stocks work on the AR?  Seeing as there is a buffer and buffer spring would you still be able to shoot it when folded?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, it's not intended to be fired when folded.

Quoted:
How is the buffer and spring held in place when folded?

How does your buffer and spring stay in place when you remove the upper? Same concept.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Pretty cool man. Congrats.  I like everything except the VFG. But that's JMO.  I guess it fits the theme though.  Be sure to post a range report.

ETA: Rear sight?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good luck finding one.

I'm waiting on the release of their Gen 3. I sent them an email a while back but still haven't gotten a response as to when they are expecting them to be for sale to the civilian market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice stick

Good luck finding one.

Yesterday I got an email response from Radnor Law: "Sales of the Gen 3 adapter will become available for consumers in a few weeks. Check our website for updates."  YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty cool man. Congrats.  I like everything except the VFG. But that's JMO.  I guess it fits the theme though.  Be sure to post a range report.

View Quote

I'm trying a trick I read about, and so far it works. If you do an absolute co-witness, you just use the (presumably) dead RDS as a big "ghost ring" with the deployed front sight. I wouldn't want to try that at any great distances, but at across-the-room distances it seems to work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice..
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:08:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice!  

What's the OAL when folded?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#16]
DAMNIT MAN

Made me go and get this..

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nice!  

What's the OAL when folded?
View Quote

OAL is slightly over 18". Width is about 4 1/4" from its widest point (the end of the forward assist button to the outside of the stock.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm trying a trick I read about, and so far it works. If you do an absolute co-witness, you just use the (presumably) dead RDS as a big "ghost ring" with the deployed front sight. I wouldn't want to try that at any great distances, but at across-the-room distances it seems to work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With much practice just the FSP is enough to get across the room hits, I've heard reports from guys using the RDS as a ghost ring that they're fairly effective out to 25 yards or so. I've never tried it so YMMV.

ETA: Any thoughts about putting a pig on it? Maybe the KX5?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#19]
One of those Law Tactical folder assemblies just might have to find it's way onto my .300BLK gun....
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One of those Law Tactical folder assemblies just might have to find it's way onto my .300BLK gun....
View Quote

I thought about one on my latest build, a 4.5" DI .45 SBR, then I decided to get creative and come up with a shortened mutation of my bufferless setup and run an AGP folding stock.

So it will be ~21" long unfolded,  under 14" folded, and will fire in either configuration

I'm going to use some Chaos super low HK-style sights on a full length top rail that shrouds the gas and recoil system, with forward charging handles.

So it's basically going to be an ambidextrous AR version of a UMP....
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

With much practice just the FSP is enough to get across the room hits, I've heard reports from guys using the RDS as a ghost ring that they're fairly effective out to 25 yards or so. I've never tried it so YMMV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I don't see the need for the added expense or weight. The Wilson does what I want it to do, but I may pull a Blackout or Vortex out of the parts box to see if there's any appreciable difference.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, I don't see the need for the added expense or weight. The Wilson does what I want it to do, but I may pull a Blackout or Vortex out of the parts box to see if there's any appreciable difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having shot a 10" with Vortex, a 10" with Levang and a  7.5" with KX3, I've come around to linear comps when it comes to dealing with blast.
I've got Vortex's and such on my longer guns, but most of the shorter ones have linear comps.  I'd like to keep my teeth in my jaw, after all
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought about one on my latest build, a 4.5" DI .45 SBR, then I decided to get creative and come up with a shortened mutation of my bufferless setup and run an AGP folding stock.

So it will be ~21" long unfolded,  under 14" folded, and will fire in either configuration

I'm going to use some Chaos super low HK-style sights on a full length top rail that shrouds the gas and recoil system, with forward charging handles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please update this or make a pistol in the pistol caliber forum when you finish. Sounds badass
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#24]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Having shot a 10" with Vortex, a 10" with Levang and a  7.5" with KX3, I've come around to linear comps when it comes to dealing with blast.
I've got Vortex's and such on my longer guns, but most of the shorter ones have linear comps.  I'd like to keep my teeth in my jaw, after all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've grown accustomed to dealing with muzzle blast, and learned to embrace the thunder.

So far 8" 7.62 FA trumps 7.5" 5.56 semi.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#26]

I've grown accustomed to dealing with muzzle blast, and learned to embrace the thunder.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/strela_photos/51K-2-1.jpg

View Quote

Woah. That's something you don't see every day. Still  have all your fillings?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pretty sure I'd look like after doing a mag dump from that beast.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#28]
What suppressor are you putting on it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:11:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

None. Even though my can will handle larger than 5.56, it's not a good idea to run one on barrels shorter than 10".
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

None. Even though my can will handle larger than 5.56, it's not a good idea to run one on barrels shorter than 10".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SiCo says the Saker will handle shorter barrels
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even at that I still have no plans for a suppressor for this particular gun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no way that is 8 inches.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to do that on the 1st stage of a tactical rifle match because my TRS died. I have a DD fixed front sight though. Why I didn't deploy my folding rear buis I'll never know
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, but it will clear your sinuses.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Please update this or make a pistol in the pistol caliber forum when you finish. Sounds badass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concept, not quite done but you get the idea.
Spring is split between the top rail and the top of the receiver and is captured on a guide rod.
Think I'll just use the extra ACE folder I've had sitting around for a while.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top