Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 12:48:43 PM EDT
I could not find many pictures of the brakeout 2.0 or a solid review so I thought I would share mine. I was thinking of getting the brake, not because I need it on my SBRs but for a sacrificial baffle when running the SDN6 (NFA Jail). I have to say the brakeout doesn’t look like it will provide that service, maybe that’s overrated anyway. Also the brakeout adds some length; just over ¼ inch compared the blackout FH due to the location of the threads. It doesn’t sit as far back so it looks like it will move the suppressor forward as well. I was not able to align the ports like I wanted; I guess that doesn’t really matter. I am going to put some rounds through it tomorrow after the 24 hour wait on the rockset. I am sure it will perform like advertised.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking forward to range report and more pics installed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The Brakeout will act as a single sacrificial baffle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
interested in your range report also

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been trying to figure out just how it will accomplish this given the new design. The old one had a divided or separate chamber for the brake and the flash hider, the wall that separated the chambers seemed to be what took the abuse and acted as the "first baffle" for suppressor use. HOWEVER, the new design is one open chamber and has nothing to act as a baffle...I'm ready to pick the 2.0 up but since the gun will mostly be suppressed I'm hesitant until I get confirmation or explanation on how it will protect the initial suppressor baffle. I emailed AAC and was told it will have the same baffle protection as the original, however I have yet to hear anything back after asking for additional clarification based on what I mentioned above.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Either way, the brake will provide more protection over the black/breakout, so if you're going to shoot mostly suppressed, get the brake.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The yhm 7.62 brake is designed sort of like like. It helps some, but is no where near as efficient as a real brake design. On an SBR I'd go with a brake
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have been trying to figure out just how it will accomplish this given the new design. The old one had a divided or separate chamber for the brake and the flash hider, the wall that separated the chambers seemed to be what took the abuse and acted as the "first baffle" for suppressor use. HOWEVER, the new design is one open chamber and has nothing to act as a baffle...I'm ready to pick the 2.0 up but since the gun will mostly be suppressed I'm hesitant until I get confirmation or explanation on how it will protect the initial suppressor baffle. I emailed AAC and was told it will have the same baffle protection as the original, however I have yet to hear anything back after asking for additional clarification based on what I mentioned above.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't hit the full front face of the blast chamber like in the original but plenty will still be deflected at or absorbed by the ports.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't have time to make the 1 & 1/2 hour drive to visit my can but I did put a few hundred rounds down range this afternoon testing out a S3G trigger with it,
It definitely reduces perceived recoil and helps stay on target as advertised. The blast is distinctively kicked back toward the shooter at about 45 degrees compared to 90 degrees on a regular brake (IMO) . Flash was minimal, just a red/orange glow inside the ports, not flashing out the side.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I foresee can mounting problems... does that light clear the can?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top