Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2014 11:12:15 AM EDT
OK, so I'm hooked on the 300BO. I'd like to get an 8.2" upper for a rig I could carry under a jacket.

Do they have to be run with suppressors?

Love hearing only the bolt go back and forth.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't have to run them with a suppressor, although that was their intention.  Keep in mine a suppressor will basically make it about the same length as a rifle (approx. 16").  I use a Noveske Pig on mine (no suppressor at the moment) and many others do as well.  The Pig helps to run both subs and supers reliably, as it helps with the back pressure.  Not sure why you would want to keep it under a jacket though.....
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure why you would want to keep it under a jacket though.....
View Quote

Cause OP is in Somalia.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Supersonics should cycle easily without suppressor.   Subsonics might or might not cycle without suppressor.   But might as well shoot supersonics anyway if shooting unsupressed.

I have a 8.5" bbl 300 Blackout and the bolt won't go back far enough to pick up the next round when shooting subsonics unsupressed (it'll eject the spent shell but then close up on an empty chamber).  But put the can on and it runs all day long on subsonics.  I'd rather have it like that anyway because it's not overgassed with the can on.

Mine is quiet enough to draw comments on the range but I want it even quieter so I ordered a JP Silent Captured spring and gonna try that next.   Supposed to get rid of the buffer and spring noise.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Supersonics should cycle easily without suppressor.   Subsonics might or might not cycle without suppressor.   But might as well shoot supersonics anyway if shooting unsupressed.

I have a 8.5" bbl 300 Blackout and the bolt won't go back far enough to pick up the next round when shooting subsonics unsupressed (it'll eject the spent shell but then close up on an empty chamber).  But put the can on and it runs all day long on subsonics.  I'd rather have it like that anyway because it's not overgassed with the can on.

Mine is quiet enough to draw comments on the range but I want it even quieter so I ordered a JP Silent Captured spring and gonna try that next.   Supposed to get rid of the buffer and spring noise.
View Quote

Could you run a slightly lighter buffer to solve that feed issue?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I built an 8".300BO pistol upper.  Runs fine with supers and subs, suppressed or going loud.  Subs are 10.8gr gr of 1680 under a 200gr SMK.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes he could.  I run a Spikes T2 in mine.  I know alot of people run the H2, but it is too heavy for some and an H is too light.  The T2 is right in the middle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]
My Noveske 8.2" upper runs subs and supers with or without the Sdn6 attached. I use the AAC fh/brake hybrid thing.

Eta: There's really no reason to shoot it without the can though, unless you're just waiting on a form 4.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I couldn't get my 8.5" to cycle with a spikes T2 and subsonics, installed a T1 and it runs like a top. 300blk can take a bit of tuning. I would also recommend getting an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK, so I'm hooked on the 300BO. I'd like to get an 8.2" upper for a rig I could carry under a jacket.

Do they have to be run with suppressors?

Love hearing only the bolt go back and forth.

View Quote

It is louder than that.  Made my ears ring a bit when fired under my patio.  (8.5" Noveske w/ HVT)  220gr HPBT Sierra with Accurate 1680 sub loads.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Using Rem 220 subs in my 8.5" with an AAC 762SDN6, it sounds like a .22.
Which, under a covered area, will make my ears ring too if I forget to put in plugs.

Not "Hollyweird quiet" by a long shot. (pun intended )
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I built an 8".300BO pistol upper.  Runs fine with supers and subs, suppressed or going loud.  Subs are 10.8gr gr of 1680 under a 200gr SMK.
View Quote

trying to chop my 10.5" noveske down to 8". Happen to know your gas port size? (No, noveske won't give out that info, already tried that).
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the deal with pistol length gas systems? Why are they necessary?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#15]
My 10.2" Noveske will cycle subs ~90% of the time unsuppressed, occasionally it won't lock the bolt back on an empty mag.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
What buffer are you running?

Quoted:
My 10.2" Noveske will cycle subs ~90% of the time unsuppressed, occasionally it won't lock the bolt back on an empty mag.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top