Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 8:35:29 AM EDT
I was at the range awhile back & a m-4 sbr was being fired with constant failures to eject on the 1st round. it would extract but then not eject(still holding the empty) move forward & jam up on a partially stripped fresh round, denting it.
no one could figure it out, I thought  the gas system might be misaligned over the gas port.
is this typical of the ar-15 sbr's.?
I was thinking of getting one but after seeing the problems with this one , makes me stop & think.
thanks for any input,
ck
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was at the range awhile back & a m-4 sbr was being fired with constant failures to eject on the 1st round. it would extract but then not eject(still holding the empty) move forward & jam up on a partially stripped fresh round, denting it.
no one could figure it out, I thought  the gas system might be misaligned over the gas port.
is this typical of the ar-15 sbr's.?
I was thinking of getting one but after seeing the problems with this one , makes me stop & think.
thanks for any input,
ck
View Quote

What type of ammo? My 10.5" AR did the exact thing with Wolf ammo. I put the BCM extractor upgrade kit in it and the problems went away.

ETA- Does it work okay after clearing the first malfunction? My would do this at random times, not just on the first round.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
dupe post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top