Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 3:57:22 PM EDT
tl;dr - 8 weeks, 3 days

I just received my lower receiver back from Ident Marking today - 8 weeks and 3 days door-to-door.
I printed what I wanted engraved and taped it to the receiver so there were no questions.
Because my trust name is a bit lengthy, I had it engraved on the right side over the trigger & hammer pins.

Ident did a FANTASTIC job with the lower & engraving. Received back in perfect condition, well packaged, with exactly what I wanted done.

ETA: Photos

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They've had mine for 28 days.  So I guess I still have some time to wait.

Will you post pictures?  (Obviously photoshop your name out if that's a problem. )
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
ouch! I will be using them soon but that sucks adding another 8 weeks to a build.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang, I didn't think it was 8 weeks! What is Orion at?

Looks like I better get mine sent...
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ouch! I will be using them soon but that sucks adding another 8 weeks to a build.
View Quote

If you are close to them call them and make an appointment to walk in one day after business hours.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if you are silly enough to wait till your form comes back before you engrave.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like their page still shows 3 weeks ish....

Get to sending fellas
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, I'm sure Ident does a great job, and I am not trying to put them down.

I just want to mention that I have used Orion several times with great results. The most recent one on January was shipped out Monday, received Tuesday by Orion, and shipped back Thursday. 5 business days door-to-door.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]
use Orion or Gray (I have used them also), I used Ident a couple of months ago and it took over 2 months to get mine. I even checked with them before sending in and was told 2-3 weeks. I was lied to a total of 4 times when checking status of them. I would of been fine if they would of been honest with me when I first contacted them of what there actual wait times were. Sorry I know there are some fan boys for Ident but other do just as good of job with a week turnaround time.

just to add, if I ever had to send to Ident again I would just use a dremel myself
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I used Gray Laser a few weeks back and they turned it around the same day they received it.  Very happy with the engraving they did too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Ident did a real nice job on one of mine. However, you can absolutely beat the price and the turnaround time and get a quality job done.

I believe Orion is usually running 1-3 weeks, but I've yet to use them. The last one I sent off within the last couple months went to user CS223 here on ARFCOM. He usually engraves on Sundays, so as long as you get it to him by Fri, it ships back on Mon. $35 plus return shipping.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I sent 3 to Orion.  From my UPS back to my doorstep was 9 days.  Quality work, too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#13]
wow, they did an impressively fine job.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sent my Draco waiting on an SBR stamp in to Ident and UPS tracking shows it was received on February 10th. So if times are running 8-9 weeks, hopefully mine comes back next week I guess.

I'd love to hear what Orion or others turn-around times are running at.

The rush for trust registrations before 41p goes into effect March 2015 probably has everyone swamped.
View Quote

Wait, did I miss something?  Did some official word come out recently I haven't heard?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wait, did I miss something?  Did some official word come out recently I haven't heard?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sent my Draco waiting on an SBR stamp in to Ident and UPS tracking shows it was received on February 10th. So if times are running 8-9 weeks, hopefully mine comes back next week I guess.

The rush for trust registrations before 41p goes into effect March 2015 probably has everyone swamped.

Ya, we need to know where this info came from. The last I heard a couple months ago was June'ish 2014, but I have also heard that someone in the ATF stated it would take a year to respond to all the comments.

Also for those in the DFW area, you can get an appointment on Tues or Thurs evenings to get Ident to engrave your stuff while you wait.  It's more expensive ($60 cash) but it doesn't take 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]
That does look good!

I guess I'm not really in a hurry...eFiled Form 1s will probably take about 81257 months.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:21:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The June '14 date was the original estimate. There were conversations with the ATF at the SHOT show earlier this year, and March 2015 was the revised estimate. Although, the changes themselves are still TBD.

Here is the article most often quoted. Take Jan 2014, add the year to respond to comments, plus the 60 days to implement, and you're at March 2015.  Again, it's an estimate, just like June 2014 was.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I heard if you live locally you can make an appointment and be in and out same day. Is this true?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I heard if you live locally you can make an appointment and be in and out same day. Is this true?
View Quote

That has been confirmed here by several members.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
tl;dr - 8 weeks, 3 days

I just received my lower receiver back from Ident Marking today - 8 weeks and 3 days door-to-door.
I printed what I wanted engraved and taped it to the receiver so there were no questions.
Because my trust name is a bit lengthy, I had it engraved on the right side over the trigger & hammer pins.

Ident did a FANTASTIC job with the lower & engraving. Received back in perfect condition, well packaged, with exactly what I wanted done.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/mTSLdY" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3820/13714181024_4008a4a203.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/mTQPLV" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7089/13713802745_31bbb56972.jpg</a>
View Quote

Did they color fill your lower or did you do it yourself?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tl;dr - 8 weeks, 3 days

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/mTSLdY" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3820/13714181024_4008a4a203.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/mTQPLV" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7089/13713802745_31bbb56972.jpg</a>

They filled it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also just called Ident. They received my AR lowers on 2/12/2014 and the guy on the phone told me that they should finish them this week. God I hope that is true!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They filled it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
tl;dr - 8 weeks, 3 days

They filled it.

I JUST TALKED TO THE GUY AND HE TOLD ME THEY DO NOT COLOR FILL .......

Just called them back. The guy thought I meant Color as in different color. Not reblacken. They told me they will reblacken it for me. Had me a little on edge for a moment there hahahah!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I just did that a couple weeks ago.  It is only on Tuesday and Thursdays from 5:30-8pm and you have to make an appointment. They charge $60 cash for it.  I was in and out in <15 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes I just did that a couple weeks ago.  It is only on Tuesday and Thursdays from 5:30-8pm and you have to make an appointment. They charge $60 cash for it.  I was in and out in <15 minutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting that they charge the equivalent of engraving plus shipping if you do it FTF. That's kind of screwy. I'd think the "cash only" would be sufficient.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Meh, I didn't care, I was just happy to walk in and out with the engraving done.  I needed it done fast so I could send it out for cerakoting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Meh, I didn't care, I was just happy to walk in and out with the engraving done.  I needed it done fast so I could send it out for cerakoting.
View Quote

I understand. Time is money, and $60 not to ship it off is worth it to a lot of people. Just found it odd.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#28]
If Ident were local, I'd have happily paid the same price to walk my lower in, get it engraved, and leave with it.
No hesitation at all...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I was just sad I didn't know about that when I sent them 2 lowers in Jan and took 2 months to get them back when I already had one stamp in hand.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I called Indent two weeks ago and they said that their turnaround time was 4-6 weeks.  They said that they are swamped and doing their best to get the lead time lower.

After much debate, I decided to send my 3 lowers to Gray Laser Engraving because I was afraid that my stamps would come in before the lowers can be engraved.  I shipped my lowers to Gray on Friday and received it back on the following Saturday.  Total lead time was 8 days.  They did a outstanding job on the engraving and communication was always answered by the owner Bill within a couple hours.

You cannot beat outstanding customer service and industry best for lead time.

Give them a try and you will not look back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I found this thread a few days ago after sending 2 receivers to ident, almost comically bad timing
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#32]
new to this.  Where do I find the contact info the these engravers?
Do you need to fillout paper work from aft to ship your lower?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
new to this.  Where do I find the contact info the these engravers?
Do you need to fillout paper work from aft to ship your lower?
View Quote

HERE
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Ident received my lowers on March 11... I sent an email asking for an update and they said they would likely get to mine by the end of this week or early next week.

So yeap, after that and shipping it will be near 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#35]
So how far down does a lower need to be for Ident to be able to engrave?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

From their website:  " Your SBR info can be engraved just about anywhere and doesn’t need to be stripped. Please select your location from the drop down list. Engraving on the front of the magwell does require the buffer tube and pistol grip to be removed, and inside of the trigger guard requires the hammer and trigger to be removed. "
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

From their website:  " Your SBR info can be engraved just about anywhere and doesn’t need to be stripped. Please select your location from the drop down list. Engraving on the front of the magwell does require the buffer tube and pistol grip to be removed, and inside of the trigger guard requires the hammer and trigger to be removed. "
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Sir and sorry I missed that on their website!

Kirch
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Here is the email I got back from them.
Thanks for contacting us. We can engrave your AR receiver for SBR for $45.00, $55.00 for Sig 556 variants, UZI, AK or HK type receivers + $16.00 for return shipping. We are an 07/02 FFL so you can send your receiver directly to us and we can send it back to you. Our lead time is around 5 weeks or less right now. You can place an order through our webstore (https://www.identmarking.com/index.php/shop/firearm-marking) or you can send us your receiver, please be sure to include contact info, a copy of your driver’s license and exact instructions on what and where. If you are not sure we will work with you until you do so you get exactly what you want. We can engrave it just about anywhere and doesn’t need to be completely stripped- on AR or similar platforms please remove the butt stock for shipping purposes. Engraving on the front of the magwell does require the buffer tube and pistol grip to be removed and inside of the trigger guard requires the hammer and trigger to be removed. Other forms of payment we accept are Cash, Check, Money Order, or we can take CC over the phone. Our address is:

Ident Marking Services
2007 Industrial Blvd. Suite B
Rockwall, TX 75087

Here is the one from Orion.

we are still 1-2 weeks out. the cost for the tg area is $65. return shipping is $16 insured. the front of the magwell would be $35.
All orders are PREPAY ONLY.
Please make sure to review ALL of the Important information below concerning your order.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns.
Our website features a printable order form that will need to be completed and sent with each order. You will find instructions for stripping your firearm as well as available locations for engraving. Our current turn around time is updated weekly at the website as well.
Due to our unique business hours all packages must be shipped to Orion Arms via UPS.

Thank you,
Ryan

I ended up going with Gray.  He told me 5 days.  He was $55+return shipping.
thanks again for all your help
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#39]
+1 for Gray Laser Engraving.  Fantastic lead time and superior customer service!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Meant to add...CS223 was $35 + return shipping (for magwell or trigger pin areas). About a week door-to-door.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
My 2 lowers just shipped today from Ident.  They received them on March 11.  So not counting mailing time, they had the receivers from March 11 - April 28.

49 days/ 1 month 18 days/ 4,233,600 seconds.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top