Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2014 7:16:09 AM EDT
dont here in dallas at the fast fix jewelry and watch repair, same place i had my first one done 2 years ago.  the guy, tony, remembered doing the first one for me.  the 2nd one came out perfectly consistant in size and dimension to the first one.

video of engraving:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201857008607514&set=vb.1252011845&type=3&theater

the newest engraving is the bottom one

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Had the same company do my engraving here at the mall in Arlington. Owner was a real conservative, pro 2A gun owner and was happy to do it. Great folks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had the same company do my engraving here at the mall in Arlington. Owner was a real conservative, pro 2A gun owner and was happy to do it. Great folks.
View Quote

hmm, owner was same.  maybe it was the same guy.  whats the equivalent of "eskimo brothers" for guys who get their SBRs engraved by the same shop?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some of this to fill it in if you want it to be less noticeable.  It's the same stuff that Ident uses.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

hmm, owner was same.  maybe it was the same guy.  whats the equivalent of "eskimo brothers" for guys who get their SBRs engraved by the same shop?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao, this owner happened to be a woman ;). But I could see them being relatives.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Get some of this to fill it in if you want it to be less noticeable.  It's the same stuff that Ident uses.
View Quote

hmm, interesting.  did you ever apply it before?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's quite simple. The key is to prep the area. All it takes to do the actual work is a q-tip and a couple minutes.

Oh yeah...the other key is to have quality engraving job. I had two done at different places where it chipped the material. I sent them off with another one I was having engraved by someone that knew what they were doing, and even they couldn't get it all black again.

It's doesn't go on thick like paint or crayon...it's actually causes a reaction to the aluminum and then you rinse it off.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used it on the engraving I just had done for an SBR. Just swab it on and let it dry.

ETA: IIRC the directions say to swab it on and let it sit for one minute and wipe off the excess. When I tried this it didn't work and all of it wiped off. After Googling I saw other people saying to swab it on and leave it. I tried this and it turned out excellent.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't applied it myself yet, but Ident put it on mine after they engraved them and they look perfect. They said to leave on for 24 hours before cleaning it off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#9]
it looks good.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Is that the entire name of your trust on there? The reason I ask is it just seems short?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is that the entire name of your trust on there? The reason I ask is it just seems short?
View Quote

Your trust name can be whatever you'd like, mine is only three letters and the word trust, XXX Trust that's it, definitely makes it easier to engrave on the smaller portions of thw lower like front of the magwell.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Your trust name can be whatever you'd like, mine is only three letters and the word trust, XXX Trust that's it, definitely makes it easier to engrave on the smaller portions of thw lower like front of the magwell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also went with ### Trust, but I toyed around with using "In God We"...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, that's pretty clever.  I would have used that if I had thought of it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny that was posted today! just had 2 form 4's come back today for a gentleman who had "In God We Trust" pretty clever indeed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]
LACK OF TRUST
Dallas, TX
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks good.  Do you know if he could have used a smaller type size?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:07:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks good.  Do you know if he could have used a smaller type size?
View Quote

probably.  he engraved along the inside of some wedding bands before he did mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#18]
How does the engraver work?  It looks like it is half automated and half hand engraved.  I can see the hand pushing down applying pressure as the machine works.  Seems strange.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How does the engraver work?  It looks like it is half automated and half hand engraved.  I can see the hand pushing down applying pressure as the machine works.  Seems strange.
View Quote

hes not doing anything but feeling the pressure being put on the subject.  hes just making sure it "feels" right.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:07:52 AM EDT
[#20]
gotcha, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top