Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked SBR FAQ (Page 24 of 26)
Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Length of my Kel-Tec SBR project.  The PLR-16 has a 9.2" barrel and is 18.5 oal.  The SU-16C has a 16" barrel and is 35.5 extended or 25.5 folded.  the difference in barrel lenth is 6.8" so that would make the PLR-16 with the addition of the folding stock 28.7 or 18.7
My question is what they wanted on that form.  The extended length with the stock folded 28.7 inch?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:28:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm having a problem paying for my stamp on the efile site.

I get to the certify screen and I get the green box that says the app is validated, I check the certify box and click on pay.  The window to pay pops up and all it contains is a "close" button.

I've been through the whole thing and can't see anything wrong.  Anybody have ideas?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By C_Sly:

I get to the certify screen and I get the green box that says the app is validated, I check the certify box and click on pay.  The window to pay pops up and all it contains is a "close" button.

I've been through the whole thing and can't see anything wrong.  Anybody have ideas?
View Quote

Sometimes there's a glitch. I've had to sign out and sign back in a few times on the same form before. Sometimes it saves the form and sometimes you gotta redo the whole thing....
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jparish62:

Sometimes there's a glitch. I've had to sign out and sign back in a few times on the same form before. Sometimes it saves the form and sometimes you gotta redo the whole thing....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've been logging off and back on for three days and it's still the same. I'm afraid I'm going to have to file the old fashioned way.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:08:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: B585] [#7]

I've been logging off and back on for three days and it's still the same. I'm afraid I'm going to have to file the old fashioned way.
View All Quotes

Have you tried a different browser?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks all.

I'll try finishing the e-form on my phone but of course right now The whole site is down!  
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

I just logged in. 12:54pm EST on Sat 2/13.
View All Quotes
Thanks all.

I'll try finishing the e-form on my phone but of course right now The whole site is down!  

I just logged in. 12:54pm EST on Sat 2/13.

Thanks.

i finished it up on my Android phone.

Now the wait...
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:45:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Druwzfostr] [#12]
Alright guys, I'm filling out a form 1 as an individual and have a couple questions. In box 8, name and title of authorized official.... Do I list my name? In boxes 13-16 can I leave them blank as I am a citizen or Mark "no"? On box for additional description I put my name and address....?  This is my first rodeo and most how to things are for a trust or using the old form 1 style.thank!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find it.  

With 41P looming, if I file a form 1 tomorrow on efile, would I still fall under previous rules where fingerprints are not required?  I will be using a trust.  I'm just trying to get clarification because I'm hearing different things.  

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#15]
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Alright guys, I mailed my paper Form 1 off and realized I didn't include the certification of compliance. Suggestions? Call them and ask if I can mail it separately?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I filed as an individual, I included the payment page with the pay by check box filled in. So I am good?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Bigwaylon, Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Looking to form 1 another rifle.  When measuring a SBR with a recessed barrel, like a 9mm AR, do you measure from the end of the rail or the end of the recessed barrel?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#23]
The .pdf linked in the first thread is12 years old according to the last update...

Question 1:  Is it really okay to put a "range" or "less than" when it asks for the overall length?  That seems like something the ATF would kick back, but I have no experience with this!

Question 2: Can I just guess and use 29.5" for a 10.5" barrel with SOPMOD Bravo or CTR stock?  I don't have everything to measure.

Question 3:  If I plan on running an 11.5" barrel from time-to-time, which barrel length and OAL should I list?  10.5 or 11.5?  I'm buying the 10.5" first...then will be buying an 11.5" down the road.

Thank you for any help on this!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Awesome, thank you BigWaylon!  Off to finish up the e-form and get this moving.

Stupid question alert :  Is it actually legal to get a stamp for a stated 10.5" barrel and then use an 11.5"...or is it just that it's not a big deal and no agent would ever really come after you for it?  Say, it gets used in a self defense situation and comes in to question and their looking at your stamp and it says 10.5 but you had an 11.5 on it at the time...

Thanks again!

A1: no
A2: yes
A3: the one you're using to make the firearm...which is a one-time act. After that, doesn't matter how it's configured.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
The .pdf linked in the first thread is12 years old according to the last update...

Question 1:  Is it really okay to put a "range" or "less than" when it asks for the overall length?  That seems like something the ATF would kick back, but I have no experience with this!

Question 2: Can I just guess and use 29.5" for a 10.5" barrel with SOPMOD Bravo or CTR stock?  I don't have everything to measure.

Question 3:  If I plan on running an 11.5" barrel from time-to-time, which barrel length and OAL should I list?  10.5 or 11.5?  I'm buying the 10.5" first...then will be buying an 11.5" down the road.

Thank you for any help on this!

A1: no
A2: yes
A3: the one you're using to make the firearm...which is a one-time act. After that, doesn't matter how it's configured.

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#27]
It's actually legal. The specs are for the initial build only. The recommend you notify them of any permanent change. They can't require it because there's no regulation to back it up...but they have to ask because they're required to keep the registry as accurate as possible. Plus, there's not much you can do that's permanent on the AR platform.
View Quote

Awesome, thank you again!  I sent you an IM as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#28]
First time filling out SBR papers on my own.

Questions.
- Is it still suggested to print the forms on both sides of one sheet of paper, or is one sided ok.
- Do I need two Citizen Certificates or just one?
- Who fills out question # 8

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I just found a mistake on my first form 1 submission. It was for a 9mm scorpion evo, but I accidentally selected inches instead of mm for the unit of measurement option. Should I cancel this form and resubmit, or leave it and expect an email/call from the atf for a correction?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:42:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: my69camaro1] [#31]

1. It's not just suggested...it's required. They'll send them back to you if you print one-sided.
2. Assuming you're using the current form, it's none. They added the questions to the bottom of page 2 to reduce paperwork. If you're using an older form, it's only one copy of the 5330.20. (The current form is the one with a third page for payment info)
3. Form 1? Sign 7 and print name in 8.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By my69camaro1:
First time filling out SBR papers on my own.

Questions.
1. Is it still suggested to print the forms on both sides of one sheet of paper, or is one sided ok.
2. Do I need two Citizen Certificates or just one?
3. Who fills out question # 8

1. It's not just suggested...it's required. They'll send them back to you if you print one-sided.
2. Assuming you're using the current form, it's none. They added the questions to the bottom of page 2 to reduce paperwork. If you're using an older form, it's only one copy of the 5330.20. (The current form is the one with a third page for payment info)
3. Form 1? Sign 7 and print name in 8.

Thanks, I was looking at info listed here from 2004 talking about the Citizen sheet. Mixing me all up.

Alright so all the questions pertaining to the rifle and myself are on one page front & back. Page two is simply "Method of Payment", one sided nothing on the back.

X2 so that means I would be sending in four (4) pieces of paper plus two (2) fingerprint cards.

Thanks Again
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:35:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#33]
All of my form 1 SBR's have been submitted using stripped lowers. Can I also form 1 my factory built lowers? Eg: I have a 16" KAC SR15 can I SBR it and swap back and forth between 11.5 & 16" uppers once approved?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:54:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#35]

Yes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dana1972:
All of my form 1 SBR's have been submitted using stripped lowers. Can I also form 1 my factory built lowers? Eg: I have a 16" KAC SR15 can I SBR it and swap back and forth between 11.5 & 16" uppers once approved?

Yes.

Thanks Big!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I submited my efform with my trust two weeks ago. I came across a good deal on a 10.5 upper. Can I have the upper while waiting on the form to be approved? I purchased a stripped lower last year could this be used as a pistol build until I get approved? The lower I submitted is already on a carbine upper. Hate to miss the deal just not completely clear on the rules.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Long time lurker here, finally building a SBR.

I set up a trust a few months ago, and was wondering at what point do I need to engrave my lower, and what all needs to be put on it.

I plan on submitting my form electronically in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#40]
How is this process different if you want to SBR an 80% lower, or an AK built from a flat?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I submitted two Form 1's, one yesterday and one today.

When I was submitting today I noticed that on the one I submitted yesterday for the address instead of putting Oklahoma City, Ok I accidentally selected OKC, Ok is this going to be an issue?

If so what do I need to do in order to get it corrected?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Assuming you're talking a regular lower, as opposed to an 80% lower?

If so:
1. Name of trust
2. City & state where you physically make the SBR
3. Caliber, only if it's not already marked on the frame, receiver or barrel. Only time this usually happens is if you're using a lower marked "multi" and the barrel isn't marked.

It needs to be engraved when assembled. Doesn't matter if it's before you file, between filing and approval, or between approval and building.
View Quote

Thanks for clarifying.  

If the barrel is marked, but the lower says multi does the lower still need to be engraved?

How many calibers can be marked on the lower?  Not me personally, but Im sure there are guys out there using stamped lowers for 5.56 and 300BO.  What if you want to use both?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#45]
BigWaylon, thanks for your replies to everyone on here. i have gotten a lot of questions answered just reading your replies.

one i haven't seen is regarding the engraving if done as a trust. if the name of the trust is ABC revocable living trust, does that whole thing have to be on the receiver or is ABC Trust sufficient?

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#47]
gotcha. thanks. too late for that on mine, but its not a big deal. just wanted to make sure before i got anything engraved. thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By travis442:

When I was submitting today I noticed that on the one I submitted yesterday for the address instead of putting Oklahoma City, Ok I accidentally selected OKC, Ok is this going to be an issue?

View Quote

Just for future reference I got a reply from Gary who confirmed that OKC is an acceptable value for the city of Oklahoma City.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Just for future reference I got a reply from Gary who confirmed that OKC is an acceptable value for the city of Oklahoma City.
View All Quotes

IF this reply was sent via email, I would probably keep a copy of it close to the Stamp paperwork just to cover yourself. Seems like you never can be too careful.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:
IF this reply was sent via email, I would probably keep a copy of it close to the Stamp paperwork just to cover yourself. Seems like you never can be too careful.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:

Makes sense to me, I'll print out the email and include it with the rest of the paperwork.
Page / 26
Tacked SBR FAQ (Page 24 of 26)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top