Site Notices
7/29/2014 4:02:36 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:22:11 AM
I ran across a bump fire stock yesterday at : http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1082

Is this really accepted as legal? I can see how it would be per the letter of the law but it sure looks like circumvention to me....

Thoughts/Experiences?
gunner01
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:25:20 AM
Currently legal! The stock does not modify the trigger's function.
OIF_Vet08-09
Fear is the foundation of most governments.
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:30:31 AM
The gun still only fires one round with each pull of the trigger. It is no different than if you did a mag dump. The BATFE has said they are legal for use. I wouldn't spend my money on one though.
Yesterday, I was on the train sitting across from a smoking hot Thai chick. I kept saying to myself, please don't get an erection, please don't get an erection, but, she did.
-rainman
Freezeland
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:36:10 AM
Originally Posted By dillehayd:
I ran across a bump fire stock yesterday at : http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1082

Is this really accepted as legal? I can see how it would be per the letter of the law but it sure looks like circumvention to me....

Thoughts/Experiences?

I have one
rtech
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:40:42 AM
I'm going to build a 9mm SBR and stick a modified one on it. I can't afford the entrance fee into the class 3 world and this is the trailer trash ticket I guess.

Useful? Nope. Do I miss shooting full auto? Yup. Closest I'm going to get in this lifetime thanks to that fucking asshole Jack Hughes and his poison pill in FOPA.

Sorry, but the mail order ammo and transportation clause wasn't worth it. Try passing through New Jersey and NYC and get back to me on that...
1IV
Been there got the tshirt, and a tattoo....
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:40:54 AM
Legal
The 2nd Amendment is not about rights. It is about CAPABILITY. It is about ensuring the capability to respond to violence, and oppression. Not with 1 round, or 10, but with the full force of indignant violence deserved at a breach of our peace.

mboylan
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2012 3:03:55 PM
It's not really full auto. It's bump fire. You need to apply forward pressure just like you are bump firing anything else. Legal.
drfcolt
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/4/2012 7:03:17 AM
[Last Edit: 9/25/2012 7:54:49 AM by drfcolt]
Legal with lots of possibilities ...............

Silverbullet555
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/4/2012 6:48:26 PM
Originally Posted By drfcolt:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/drfcolt/General%20Firearms/saiga01.jpg

hmmm. Wonder if it could be adapted to a Saiga 12?
getchevyn
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/4/2012 9:00:09 PM
Originally Posted By Silverbullet555:

Yes, there are YouTube videos. Legal and lots of fun once you get the right trigger.
drfcolt
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:08:09 AM
Originally Posted By getchevyn:
Originally Posted By Silverbullet555:

Yes, there are YouTube videos. Legal and lots of fun once you get the right trigger.

+1

Doesn't need any modifications - goes on the same as an AK.

stevenkids
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 12:24:39 PM
Got one and enjoy the heck out of it.
VoodooChile
Just Smile and Wave Boys
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 12:47:42 PM
goes great on an old AK
There, I said it...Don't tell me you weren't thinking the same thing!

I just want to go to the backyard, get a stick, and clean this thread off the bottom of my shoe....
ateamrob
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/13/2012 12:34:16 AM
[Last Edit: 8/13/2012 12:36:32 AM by ateamrob]
I have 4 NFA machine guns (Ruger AC556F, Uzi 9mm RR, Reising SMG .45 and an M16) and last year I was contemplating buying my buddies Polytech transferable AK. I did not have the 16K and my Wife would have killed me if I bought another MG so I said what the heck, I will try one of the slidefire stocks first just to see if they really work as they say. I bought it, threw it on my cheapo Century AK and I have not looked back since. I have put over 700 rounds through my AK with this stock and the thing works flawlessly EVERY TIME for me. Its simple and easy and once you get the hang of it it works every time with ease. Mag dumps or bursts.... once you get the feel your good to go. Shoot from the shoulder or from the hip and its a barrell of fun. I am SOOOOO glad I did not put up 16K for that AK because this thing works like a charm.... at least for me it does and my buddies have tried it too and it works fine for them as well. I would not sell any of my MGs but this stock works like a charm on my AK and I would recommend one to anyone who would like to rock and roll with their AK who does not have 15 to 19K to blow on a transferable one . Best 300 bucks I have spent in a long time.

Rob
No2sc2
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:09:30 PM
Originally Posted By ateamrob:
I have 4 NFA machine guns (Ruger AC556F, Uzi 9mm RR, Reising SMG .45 and an M16) and last year I was contemplating buying my buddies Polytech transferable AK. I did not have the 16K and my Wife would have killed me if I bought another MG so I said what the heck, I will try one of the slidefire stocks first just to see if they really work as they say. I bought it, threw it on my cheapo Century AK and I have not looked back since. I have put over 700 rounds through my AK with this stock and the thing works flawlessly EVERY TIME for me. Its simple and easy and once you get the hang of it it works every time with ease. Mag dumps or bursts.... once you get the feel your good to go. Shoot from the shoulder or from the hip and its a barrell of fun. I am SOOOOO glad I did not put up 16K for that AK because this thing works like a charm.... at least for me it does and my buddies have tried it too and it works fine for them as well. I would not sell any of my MGs but this stock works like a charm on my AK and I would recommend one to anyone who would like to rock and roll with their AK who does not have 15 to 19K to blow on a transferable one . Best 300 bucks I have spent in a long time.

Rob

May I ask how much you make? I know its a personal question but I want to see where I need to stand to enjoy the MG luxury. :D
ateamrob
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:35:14 AM
[Last Edit: 8/14/2012 12:53:22 AM by ateamrob]
well to be honest all my MGs were purchased on personal loans and paid off within the same year. It also took me 8 years to get them all because they are just DAMN expensive. Matter a fact I still owe 3K on my Reising (bought it back in Feb) and just got it as it transfered a few weeks ago. I had a MAC 10 in .45 but sold that back last year to pay some bills because between my Wife and I we still struggle and would consider ourselves middle class however we have enough to provide for our kids, have summer vacations and certainly pay the bills. Owning MGs is really no different than someone going out and buying expensive motorcycles or boats, jetskis, snowmobiles etc. I always loved how people who own all these cars, trucks bikes etc say, "man you must have a very forgiving Wife to own the expensive MGs."
I always say the same thing back to them about all their vehicles and other toys. Matter a fact I just dont have the moeny to go out and buy an M60 (shoulda jumped on that one back in 94... uuuhhg) or a nice beltfed. Just dont have over 20K to drop on them. I have been very picky over the years to get my M16, Ruger AC, Reising, MAC and Uzi 9mm RR. A lot of it is timing, what you can afford at the time and how you pay for it. I sure as hell dont have the dough in cash to buy them. I always have to do personal loans for my MGs but I make sure to pay them off as quick as possible. I will only add that my MG buying has come to an end though... just cant do it anymore as the ammo costs enough to feed them... ha ha... as I said before, I really wish I got into NFA back in the early 90s as I would have had a couple belt fed toys and most likely a select fire AK and a BAR... but I am lucky I was able to aquire what I have over the last 8 years so I cant complain...... and back to the original topic.... thats why I chose to get the slidefire stock for my AK.... 300 bucks sure as hell beats 18K for a transferable one. And they FREAKING WORK TOO!!!!! ha ha...

Rob
No2sc2
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:50:44 PM
Slide fire is awesome, but I'm betting it's not as accurate as a MG. User has more control with MG than Slidefire trying to pull with one arm and station the other, at same time aiming! Hahah

Yeah I guess the loan thing is good idea, I never thought about that, I always think loan as you describe, cars trucks bikes and boats. Yeah I am new to the nfa thing so when I saw price tag for a M16, my dreams were crushed hahah I do have a colt 6920 which is similiar with the slide fire :) if someone who doesn't know about rifles, they would think my colt is full auto with the Slidefire :D. I rather have SBR and suppressor on it for 1/6th of the price of a real MG and you're right, ammo isn't cheap now days, stupid government trying to out ban and everyone freaking out and raising prices to get the best of it before it bans.
ateamrob
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 12:33:35 AM
yeah I know what you mean. With all these freaks blasin away movie theaters etc the dumb ass gubment keeps wanting to punish people like us. Ah dont even want to get started.

as far as the slidefire being inaccurate.... yes and no. I would not want to compete with the thing thats for sure but I gotta tell you, it only takes a tiny bit of forward pressure and once your locked in you can keep your rounds very much on target. Its not like that old school bumpfire crap where you loop your thumb through your belt loop and feather the trigger hipshooting. That was garbage stuff. This thing is really spot on. Yes select fire is more accurate but these stocks are pretty freakin smooth I gotta say. Get one and throw it on your AR. You wont be sorry dude.

Rob
faldoc
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:47:11 PM
I bought a slidefire for my AK74 homebuild, and I think it is just as accurate as any MG on full auto, because any MG on full auto is not that accurate.. I sold the plastic one and bought the metal one. I haven't tried it yet on my AK74 semiauto. If you like to simulate full auto at a fraction of the price, I highly recommend.
mboylan
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/25/2012 6:51:08 PM
Originally Posted By faldoc:
I bought a slidefire for my AK74 homebuild, and I think it is just as accurate as any MG on full auto, because any MG on full auto is not that accurate.. I sold the plastic one and bought the metal one. I haven't tried it yet on my AK74 semiauto. If you like to simulate full auto at a fraction of the price, I highly recommend.

Machine guns on full-auto with a trained trigger finger can be very accurate with small bursts. Check out a subgun competition sometime.
sardo_67
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/25/2012 11:46:48 PM
the only slide fire stock that is cool

I did love my job, working hard is what K9s do…. I was born for it, I lived for it, and died for it; for my country….but mostly for you.
IDD Sgt Streaker (R556) KIA 11-15-2011 Helmand Afg
Quake_Guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/31/2012 12:15:03 AM
Define accurate with an MG. Yeah at 25 yards you can be pretty accurate, and maybe even 3 rd burst at 100 yards. But lets face it, with an MG the real fun is mag dumps up close. If I am punching paper for groups or plates at 100 yards, a nice SBR or semi auto assault rifle can do all that.

Especially for something with high recoil like an AK 7.62, I don't think there is a substantial difference in accuracy between slide fire and the real thing. Once you get past the first 10 rounds, you are mostly looking through or over the sites and watching stuff get blasted real good...

Funny thing is some people think a dedicated slide fire is expensive. It can only seem that way to people that have never bought an MG. Compared to a $200 stamp, a WASR is near disposable.
AN94NK
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/31/2012 1:51:40 AM
Originally Posted By sardo_67:
the only slide fire stock that is cool

http://youtu.be/YKXHjMPvXu8

If only those belt fed .22 uppers wasnt so damned expensive, otherwise Id get one for my suppressed SBR.

You DO know you can make a slidefire stock from home, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUO0_NLAi7w
faldoc
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/31/2012 5:28:40 AM
[Last Edit: 8/31/2012 5:34:07 AM by faldoc]
Originally Posted By mboylan:

Machine guns on full-auto with a trained trigger finger can be very accurate with small bursts. Check out a subgun competition sometime.

What I am saying is there is not a lot of difference in keeping the shots on target with the Slidefire as with full auto MGs, but there is no way the groups are in any way comparable to slow fire semi auto. An M60 on it's bipod even with short bursts, you are talking about a cone of fire that is many times larger than with a semi auto gun.
Slidefire video, first time out
tony_k
How was I to know she was with the Russians, too?
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/31/2012 11:18:24 PM
Originally Posted By mboylan:

What I am saying is there is not a lot of difference in keeping the shots on target with the Slidefire as with full auto MGs, but there is no way the groups are in any way comparable to slow fire semi auto. An M60 on it's bipod even with short bursts, you are talking about a cone of fire that is many times larger than with a semi auto gun.
Slidefire video, first time out

I will agree with ya that slow-fire semi-auto is more accurate than full-auto in precisely placing a single bullet, but at the same time, sometimes there is a need of quickly and effectively delivering a lot of lead downrange, and in my experience, in those instances true FA is more accurate than a slidefire stock. YMMV.
This is Tony K, and I approved this message.
hrt4me
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/2/2012 7:32:26 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED