Author
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:44:53 PM
Or does anyone who is a snipershide or savageshooters member have his contact info?

I would like to purchase one from him with intent to copy it several times for personal use.

Just so we are honest and upfront.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2931588

cross posted on General
RFutch
Get off the bench!
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/4/2013 11:46:29 PM
I don't think he's on here anymore. PM him on the hide. sometimes it takes him a little while to get back to you. Just keep trying.
"You know what I think, don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit, just goes right out the window." -Hoot
FALex
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/4/2013 11:51:53 PM
there is another company on the east coast, Dark Eagle Customs. He offers some 10 rd mags for Savages.

Like the RatMag, no .223
RFutch
Get off the bench!
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/4/2013 11:59:10 PM
I've got a couple of the Dark Eagle mags and they are VERY nice. I don't think he does mags for the axis though.
"You know what I think, don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit, just goes right out the window." -Hoot
anthem_of_the_mind
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/6/2013 8:37:58 PM
thanks for the info, im not a member of snipershide, and they are not accepting new members right now.
I still would like his contact info, if anyone knows it.

Glad to hear your Dark eagle is doing its job

I am going with a Ratmag because Im going to attempt to copy it a few times. Im no gunsmith, but I can TIG weld and have all the equipment.
Im very experienced in BIG metal, this will be my first foray into gunsmithing, aside from "building" an AR.
Ive got about 6 G3 mags to cut up and play with, Im hoping to have 4 dead nuts reliable 10 rounders.
I dont have any spare Savage Axis factory mags though, anyone have some available for purchase?

Apparently z71rat has a family emergency, and it will be awhile before hes back filling orders, Z71rat, if you are on ARF:

I feel your pain, my dad passed away one year ago this month, and hes missed so dearly, my linguistic skills will never be able to articulate the emotions. More love than anything else..
z71rat
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:38:10 PM
Yes, I am still around, I just don't get over here very much. I am back to building, and doing what I can to get magazines in the hands of the shooters. Things are pretty busy.

While Dan does build a good magazine for the standard Savage rifles, I also build them as well for the standard Savage. As far as I know, I am the only oneI building them for the Axis/Edge rifles.

I can build them in 10 round, 12 round, and 15 round capacities. I have even built some in 17 round capacities, but restrict the builds for the standard Savage rifles. 15 rounds for the Axis/Edge.

Feel free to contact me at the following:

z71rat@msn.com
dk_rat@yahoo.com
coloradrorat@gmail.com
http://coloradorat.wix.com/ratmagmagazines

Thanks!!

DK