Author
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:19:43 PM
I have an FN SPR A2 with a McMillan A4 stock. It has been bedded but this thing is such a heavy rifle I would like to have it pillar bedded then bed it with marine tex or whatever the smith uses. Who can do this work at a fair rate and not take more than a couple of months to do so?
ALASKANFIRE
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:28:52 PM
Jeff at CDI could probably take care of it. He inletted my SPR for his bottom metal and is a good guy to deal with
Originally Posted By swingset
No one wants to eat right and exercise, and lower their stress levels, all of which will come in a lot more handy than a home defense carbine and chest rig

ANIMUS
Rude pricks need a serious traumatic life experie
SecurityForcesmember
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:51:13 AM
Jeff did my bedding and mag install. Very nice work.
ABNglocker
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:02:34 PM
What part of Oklahoma are you in? I have a smith here in wichita that I use with good results and fair pricing.
FlashHole
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:05:26 PM
Originally Posted By SecurityForcesmember:

I think he only charges like $60 bucks to do it and offers a fast turn around. That's the route I wold probably go if you are ording his DBM anyway.

American by the grace of God
Conservative by the power of intellect
SecurityForcesmember
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:33:52 AM
Originally Posted By FlashHole:

I think he only charges like $60 bucks to do it and offers a fast turn around. That's the route I wold probably go if you are ording his DBM anyway.

Truth. Jeff is very reasonable and his quality is great.

hdbiker1
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/26/2012 3:08:28 PM

Truth. Jeff is very reasonable and his quality is great.

I've used Jeff a couple of times and the quality is very good. Also consider that the shipping back to you is included in the $60 price.

ds3_09
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/26/2012 3:48:28 PM
[Last Edit: 1/26/2012 3:48:56 PM by ds3_09]
I think the FN requires the rifle to be inletted as well as the stock. I am not sure if that is why the price Jeff quoted me was $125 or not or if he just upped his fee.

I am going to send it to short action customs to pillar and epoxy bed (using steel putty) the stock, have the CDI bottom metal installed, add a Badger ordnance bolt knob/handle, and possibly inlet the stock for a jewell trigger.
ALASKANFIRE
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:21:12 PM
Originally Posted By ds3_09:
I think the FN requires the rifle to be inletted as well as the stock. I am not sure if that is why the price Jeff quoted me was $125 or not or if he just upped his fee.

I am going to send it to short action customs to pillar and epoxy bed (using steel putty) the stock, have the CDI bottom metal installed, add a Badger ordnance bolt knob/handle, and possibly inlet the stock for a jewell trigger.

The action does have to be machined on the FN's
Originally Posted By swingset
No one wants to eat right and exercise, and lower their stress levels, all of which will come in a lot more handy than a home defense carbine and chest rig

ANIMUS
Rude pricks need a serious traumatic life experie
mtechgunman
Last of a Dying Breed
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/27/2012 12:20:25 AM
Do a little research and attempt it yourself. The inletting will be a little tougher but the end result will be well worth the effort.

I just bedded my rifle and I couldn't really be happier with the results. It was scary as hell but now that I've done it I wouldn't think twice about doing it again.

There are a lot of youtube videos on the subject. It's a great project.
Sorry 'bout your bad luck.
mtechgunman
Last of a Dying Breed
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/27/2012 12:21:15 AM

Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Originally Posted By ds3_09:

The action does have to be machined on the FN's

Nevermind- disregard my post above if this is the case.

Send it off to a smith

Sorry 'bout your bad luck.
ltglock
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/27/2012 10:40:26 AM
Give it to Jeff!!! Great skills and fast turn around.

kengel2
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/27/2012 11:48:00 AM

Pretty sure the $60 charge is just to inlet for his bottom metal, I dont think he is installing pillars and then bedding actions. That would be a killer deal when most smiths charge like $200 just to bed and not inlet.
heavy260
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2012 7:15:58 PM
$60 bucks is just for the inlet. I have had 2 done by him. Jeff is a mold maker by trade and also does the gun stuff. His service is awesome and turn around time is quick, less than 1 week. I have a third piece of BM waiting for another gun to come along.