Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2017 10:45:40 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or head of someone rechambering and barreling a K31 in 7.52NATO?

If so what had to be done to make it work?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you don't mean 7.62?  imho it would be a waste, 7.5x55 is basically a 7.62 on steroids and GP11 is as accurate if not more so than most 7.62 standard cartridges.

ETA  You can get Prvi Partizan boxer primed brass at Midway.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't, but if you're dedicated to the idea this guy is pretty well recommended when it comes to K-31 rebarrels:

http://lprgunsmith.com/K31_rifles.htm
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah sorry, shit happens when I don't have my glasses on...... 7.62nato or 7.62x51n
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a junk K31 is why I asked, the shop I bought it from told me the last guy who owned it just best the shit out of it. The bore is destroyed and it just over all looks like a bag of dicks.

I am well aware of how stupid accurate the GP11 is. I do not want to mess with the K31 that I have that is in really nice condition. That and it would be nice to have a sporterized K31 action in a bit cheaper caliber to shoot. That and if I want off the shelf match grade I can just go buy it and not have to load it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't, but if you're dedicated to the idea this guy is pretty well recommended when it comes to K-31 rebarrels:

http://lprgunsmith.com/K31_rifles.htm
View Quote
So if I just sent him my action, he could change out the barrel and caliber?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So if I just sent him my action, he could change out the barrel and caliber?
View Quote
Never used him. Contact him and ask.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Never used him. Contact him and ask.
View Quote
Will do thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top