Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2017 11:07:32 PM EDT
Looking to pick up an air brush for coating a handful of F1 suppressors, barrels, AK receivers, and misc items using Norrell Moly Resin.  I already have a couple of air compressors, so just looking for the air brush.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
An HLVP spray gun should work. Worked great for me for Cerakote.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I was looking at the Badger, so I think I'll get the upgraded version.

I'm a diy guy, and a bit OCD, so I'll probably be upgrading in the future, but this will give me a good starting point.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Have several paasche air brushes, and honestly, the cheap set from Harbor Freight works great for Moly application.

I think Norrell even recommends it. I paid under five dollars when they were on sale, and have 2 dedicated only to this application.

The advantage is you don't have to get all OCD when cleaning (like I do with my paasches).

This set (glass bottles):

Works great!

ETA: As to clean up, I use MEK, and have seen no deterioration of airbrush parts. MEK is also great for removing uncured Moly overspray (like from a shotgun bore )
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Badger isn't bad. Paasche VL is great for running thick coarse medium, Iwata I usually use an HPC is for finer medium. 
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: As to clean up, I use MEK, and have seen no deterioration of airbrush parts. MEK is also great for removing uncured Moly overspray (like from a shotgun bore )
View Quote
Slightly warmed MEK will even dissolve cured epoxy.

We used it for years to 'de pot' electronics.

We WILL examine your hardware.

Let it go longer than needed and the PC board epoxy is gone also.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Badger 350 is what you seek.  I've been using one for 12 years to apply Molyresin, Duracoat and Cerakote.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
My shop started with Badger, now I run Sata. Outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An HLVP spray gun should work. Worked great for me for Cerakote.
View Quote
this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top