Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 7:57:59 AM EDT
I just picked up my .22 suppressor, and once I saw how ridiculous it looked mounted using the thread extender, I knew it was time to get around to inletting the chassis to accommodate the extra .08" diameter of the suppressor. Right now, it has around .01" of clearance around a .920" 10/22 barrel, but I want it to have about the same amount for my 1.00" diameter suppressor. The thread extender or inletting is necessary because the barrel's shoulder is like 3/8" behind the nose of the chassis.

What is the best way to go about this? I have very little experience with work like this, so is it something that might be better to pass off to a gunsmith? Also, I'm sure that once I cut through the anodizing it'll just be raw aluminum below. Anyone have any suggestions on how to recoat or refinish it so it doesn't look terrible?

Pics of what I'm working with:

Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone with a Mill could open the channel for you, then you would have to decide how to finish, You could use something like Aluminum Black or Aluminihyde , or spend the money to have it cerekoted.

Personally I wouldn't be overly concerned about the anodizing in the barrel channel since that's not an area prone to wear and tear or scratches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top