Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 1:55:39 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new semi-auto build.  I missed a chance to pick up a Mpi 69 kit years ago because I didn't have access to a mill.  That has changed.  

Are there any MPi kits left?  Looks like a neat build.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The ones that didn't get picked up by the ATF have all made their way to the secondary market......they pop up on GB every now and then....with the 81 kits bringing a premium over the 69's.....

There is a GB seller that offers a pretty nice "80%" repair section and feed ramp for them as well......

Neat guns......could probably build a semi "uzi style"  (slotted bolt / striker fired / internal receiver blocking bar)
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ones that didn't get picked up by the ATF have all made their way to the secondary market......they pop up on GB every now and then....with the 81 kits bringing a premium over the 69's.....

There is a GB seller that offers a pretty nice "80%" repair section and feed ramp for them as well......

Neat guns......could probably build a semi "uzi style"  (slotted bolt / striker fired / internal receiver blocking bar)
View Quote
I'm ignorant of what happened with the ATF.  Did someone not adhere to the demill process?

Thank you for the heads up on the 80% section.  This is going to be a long-term project so I'm expecting to piece it together.  I mean the mags are ONLY $50 at DS Arms
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe it was the early IO imported kits that the BATFE didn't like.......and they were rounded up. They are still out there "in the wild" though

Link to one of the receiver auctions (completed):
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/607129813
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Slooooooowly assembling parts for my semi-auto build.  

I have:

1)  Magazine
2)  Magazin
3) The desire to have an MPI 81 to go with my AUG and TP9

If anyone has a lead on a parts kit or a good tube for a semi build, let me know!

HouseFire:  Thank you for sharing that about the parts kits.  The hindsight bite was lessened knowing the kit I passed on was likely one of those the ATF had issues with the demiml.
                I was just a kid reading Shotgun News and dreaming about building a FAL when those kits first hit the market.  Seems to me the best time to buy a kit is when they are for sale!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top