Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 11:37:45 AM EDT
As the title says, I'm on the hunt for a gunsmith that is familiar with the large Martini action.

I have a complete receiver from a Martini Enfiled in .303 British, that I wish to mate with a barrel from a '42 Lithgow SMLE whose action was messed up by bubba.  The Martini and the SMLE use the same barrel threads, so this seems a neat conversion, expecially as the receiver I have is already set up for .303 and is Nitro Proofed.

My receiver will need to be gone through of course, to be on the safe side, and refinished as it is in the white currently.  The SMLE barrel will need to be removed from it's receiver then installed on the Martini, but will not require a refinish.

Anyone know of someone reliable, and qualified for a job like this?

I've had the M-H receiver for many years, and I don't want to see it go to waste.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a large frame .303 proofed Martini action too, only I'm not sure what way I want to go with it. I don't know if I want to go .303, .45-70, or 12 gauge for a trap gun. I have the ability ( I'm a machinist not a gunsmith)and the machinery to do the job, just not sure which way to go. A deciding factor for you might be if the threaded barrel shank is the same length for an Enfield and Martini.
There used to be a smith in Michigan named Bob Snapp that did Martini work but I don't know if he's still in business.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I would check with area419.com. I am going to give him a try for getting my rifle threaded for a suppressor. I haven't done business with him yet though. From my research he seems to be one of the best in NW OH
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a BSA Henry Martini I need to find some ammo for, I got it in Afghanistan and really don't want to rebarrel it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top