Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2017 1:33:05 PM EDT
I have an Italian SxS boxlock that I need to smooth up the trigger pulls.

The screw heads on the action have slots in them that are razor thin.  I am going to grind down screwdrivers to fit, but holy cow.

Why, Italy?  Why?  

I hate buggering screws.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
They're nice guns, but not so nice that they come with turnscrews made for the gun.

So, you need to go to Brownells and buy some real ones that fit nice guns.

Brownings are the same way, and have been mercilessly butchered by idiots who think a screwdrivers a screwdrivers a turnscrew.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Decades ago, that way on muzzleloaders too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The screw heads on the action have slots in them that are razor thin.  I am going to grind down screwdrivers to fit, but holy cow.

Why, Italy?  Why?  

I hate buggering screws.
View Quote

And, from a purely technical standpoint, thinner screw slot means more meat and greater longevity for the screw, rather than less cost for screwdriver.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here you go
View Quote

$9 a tool + a personalized organizer and the accessories. Not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And, from a purely technical standpoint, thinner screw slot means more meat and greater longevity for the screw, rather than less cost for screwdriver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why, Italy?  Why?  

I hate buggering screws.

And less cost for screw manufacture.
A single slotting blade instead of multiples or thicker.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Just use your pocket Knife.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
gee, if the slots were any bigger then anyone could work on them. but, could it be aesthetics?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Aesthetics and to make them only usable with correct screwdrivers (none of this off the shelf at home depot nonsense!).

You'll find them a welcomed relief once you've run into the sideslot and spanner screws on older SxS's yet, which seem to have almost always rusted just enough to break their specialty drivers
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top