Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2017 8:12:29 PM EDT
So I just bought a new three position trigger and I am wanting to drop it into a lower that unfortunately has that damn little stop to prevent the selector from rotating 180 degrees. Does anyone have any advice on how to best remove it? I can't see this being a major project, but I'm willing to be that I do not have the proper tools/setup to not make it look like crap. Should I just take it to a machine shop and have them grind it down? It's a KAC ambi lower, so I'm trying to make sure it stays in the best condition possible.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably cheaper to find another lower without the stops or to grind them off of yourself. Then you could preserve your original lower intact.

Setting up in a mill would be the most precise, but finding someone to do it might end up being difficult and expensive. Kind of a sticky area performing machining operations on a lower right now, especially for a non-ffl machine shop.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the stop on the lower itself or does the selector only have two positions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top