Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 9:51:18 AM EDT
I'm looking to make my own bag sliders for some bench guns that I own.  I'd like to mill a slot to fit the picatinny rails somewhat snug.  Is there a machine tool supplier that offers such a cutter?  I've been looking around and really haven't found anything specific.  I'd like to know that it's the correct cutter before spending the time and money ordering. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Man that cutter costs a lot... there has to be cheaper options out there.

What I did was just buy picatinny rail blanks and bolting them to the receiver. It works but it is less than ideal since they are quite a bit thicker compared to an integrated rail.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is another link

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/03197050
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
HSS is plenty good enough and less cost prohibitive.

Import

US Manufactured
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Larue uses a square end mill and fixtures the parts on the angle to cut the vee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top