Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2017 2:37:38 AM EDT
Does anyone know what the diameter of a savage bolt head shank should be? Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Pic of what I am referring to.

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I checked 2 different ones and got .463-.464.  hope that helps.

Bruce
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I checked 2 different ones and got .463-.464.  hope that helps.

Bruce
View Quote

It does thank you.

Messaged PTG and they said it should not have been sent out like that. My other bolt is .4625

My current rifle build has been hitting speed bumps at every turn.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I read PTG has been having problems with product, shipping times and CS. pissing a lot of people off. I haven't had any problems with them, though I don't order often.

Bruce
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I read PTG has been having problems with product, shipping times and CS. pissing a lot of people off. I haven't had any problems with them, though I don't order often.

Bruce
View Quote

Their customer service has been pretty good to be honest. They reply very quickly via Facebook message... I just wish they would send me the replacement before they get the old one back so I can get this rifle put back together. That is business I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#6]
it would make for better cs relations if they did send it ahead but then again? i know PSA is really good about sending parts out before they get they old ones back, i read about that all the time! i'll still buy from PTG but i call ahead to make sure they have the parts in stock when i order, i don't trust their website too much as for actual stock on hand. good luck with your build.

Bruce
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
it would make for better cs relations if they did send it ahead but then again? i know PSA is really good about sending parts out before they get they old ones back, i read about that all the time! i'll still buy from PTG but i call ahead to make sure they have the parts in stock when i order, i don't trust their website too much as for actual stock on hand. good luck with your build.

Bruce
View Quote

I confirmed something was in stock back in December. They even sent me an email 2 days later stating that my pieces were in stock.  Still took them 2 days shy of a month to ship them.  PTG is definitely going through some pains, possibly due to their success, but they're still a good company.  Hopefully they'll get it all sorted out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
They've been this way for several years now; if it's growing pains, I hope they get it straightened out soon.  I stopped buying reamers and tooling from them, I know a lot of others have as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top