Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 1:19:32 PM EDT
I wasn't sure where to put this but am looking for a stainless ½-28 male to ½-28 female barrel extender for use on a stainless rifle.  I contacted one company but they quoted me $100 which I think is high.  If I have to I can make one on the lathe but don't have a boring bar that small and would prefer to just buy one. Ideas?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Drills, taps, and dies.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
?

For a couple hour job, $100 is not that high.  Wait until your friends find you have machine tools and want you to do a two day job for a 6 pack in return.

I'd buy a steel/carbide boring bar just to have it on hand for the next job, and go ahead and make one.  To me, ,it sounds like a fun evening in the garage with a beer and tunes to make a useful item.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
?

For a couple hour job, $100 is not that high.  Wait until your friends find you have machine tools and want you to do a two day job for a 6 pack in return.

I'd buy a steel/carbide boring bar just to have it on hand for the next job, and go ahead and make one.  To me, ,it sounds like a fun evening in the garage with a beer and tunes to make a useful item.
View Quote

Haha, isn't that the truth... I did a 2 day boring job on the mill for a friend of a friend. I understood it was a paid job, guy never paid, never offered to pay, and when questioned he said he thought I was just doing it as a favor for fun and that he never would have had me do it if he had to pay. The shame of it is, he knows full well that to do what I did would have cost him several thousand dollars; he even told me, "Thanks, you just saved me several thousand dollars". Well no kidding, that's why I expected several hundred dollars in return...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top