Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 9:53:00 AM EDT
I bought a beautiful 1871 NY State Remington Rolling Block off of GunBroker this last week. It was damaged in shipping do to piss poor packaging. 2 holes in the box. 1 Where the hammer

was sticking out, and the other was the tab on the Breech Block. Well the tab is broke off and gone.

So now i need to find a breech block. I have checked S&S, ROLLING BLOCK PARTS, Wisners to name a few.

One option I have found is a cast of an original, that would need to be fitted. What is your opinion of this? If you have any ideas where I might find one,

or other suggestions let me know. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember seeing some on Numrich a while back. IIRC they did kind of look like they might need to be fitted as well though. If the casting is cheap enough, I think Id give it a shot. That might be why my shop is full of unfinished firearm projects though
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I checked Numrich, and there out. Looking at maybe sending it off to get reworked, or remade. Ill see.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to www.rollingblockparts.com. Every time I have needed parts to repair a customer gun, I have gone there and they have had the parts. Alot of original parts and some reproductions. As the web name state, that is all he does.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
They didn't have it, At least not on their web site. May call tomorrow. I need a NY State militia breech block, with the shield engraving on the spur
Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top