Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 9:40:23 AM EDT
hey all,

can someone direct me to the fix for the below moving sight issue i have?

thx

eddie

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From the above photo, you can see that the sight housing is only single sided detent'd to the receiver, so the twisting is in fact normal and desired.  Hence if the rear sight takes a impact, it going to return to the original position since it has some give, and in fact with the housing only riding the one side, it helps is retain its zero as you can cracking back and forth for the elevation changes.

Here, since you are going to change out the 1/4" moa to a 1/8" MOA movement rear sight that does not use the two piece split design dial, you will use the Allen wrench channel in the sight for the  front guild rod channel, drill for a rear channel and them install the guide rods into the receiver at that locations

View Quote

thx for the info. the issue with my sight is that it is kinda cocked to the side always.  thx of the info about it being somewhat movable.  do you think there is a bent part i could switch out to make it straighter while at rest?  if not i may just drill the guide rod channel as you suggested.  

thx
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top