Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2016 8:37:53 PM EDT
I am assuming I can remove the pinned sight tower and it will work fine.  Trouble is, I don't have the tools.  I can take it to an armorer and I think that's the plan.
Just wanted to make sure the barrel is okay and nothing is welded.  It is a standard Stag Model 1 upper.

Specs
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you thinking of taking them off, installing the handguard, and then putting them back on? Or just replacing them with low profile setscrew type of gas block?

I prefer to cut them down and run the handguard over the top. They usually aren't hard at all to get off. Some have tapered pins, some are straight. Either way a hammer and punch is all it takes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't get it. Are the taper pins welded in place or something? All you need to do is tap them out with a small punch, and a small hammer in the direction of the larger pin diameter. They should come right out, unless I'm missing something here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top