Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2016 6:50:00 PM EDT
I just finished a new build from spare parts.

Safety check is fine, but when I pull the charging handle back (no magazine) the BCG locks back until I turn the selector to the fire position. Turning the selector to fire allows it to return to battery (in other words, I don't need to work or touch the trigger).

Hammer fall appears normal when I squeeze the trigger. It's a tight fitting upper and lower (same manufacturer) but no real problems otherwise.

Return to battery is vigorous. This is a slickside upper, so no FA.

I can't feel anything binding.

Ideas?

Thanks,

G.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
How easy is the BHO lever to manipulate, is it stuck?
Why is the bolt staying locked back with no magazine in?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How easy is the BHO lever to manipulate, is it stuck?Why is the bolt staying locked back with no magazine in?
View Quote

This.
And I'm not 100% clear on the OP.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The BHO/bolt catch is easy to manipulate.

With the safety on, and the BCG "stuck" back, I don't feel any pressure on the BHO.
Again, turning the selector to the fire position lets the BCG return to battery.

The BCG seems to be hanging up on something related to the safety. I'm stumped as to what that is.

Thanks again for the assist on this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the BCG dragging on the hammer?
Try a diiferent bcg or hammer or look for signs of wear from abnormal contact.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Dano,

Bingo! I think you nailed it.

As I was walking the dog I was pondering the problem, and I realized it had to be a problem with the hammer.

This is a drop in trigger group, and even with the lower receiver separated, when the safety is engaged, there is zero play in the trigger. Like it's glued into place.
That tells me that the dimensions on this trigger group are too tight for my application.

I'll remove the Velocity trigger, and just put in individual parts for this build.

As I said, this is a spare parts build, so I should be good to go.

Thanks once more for your help with this.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Dano,

Thanks again for your insight.

Just removing the drop in trigger and inserting ordinary trigger components fixed the entire problem.

Easiest trouble shooting ever.

G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top