Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2016 5:15:46 PM EDT
Went to the range.  Fired a few rounds.  Starts giving me a mix of the following:  Stove pipes, eject but slide not fully closed (can see half the round..slide back about 1/2 inch), no last round hold open of the slide.

Tried multiple mags, and brands of ammo.  Neither seem to be the issue.  

I've put hundreds if not thousands of flawless rounds through this gun.  Started spontaneously.  SMH.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
figured it out.  lock it up mods.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
As a beretta owner myself. What did you do to fix it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Please explain!

I did not reply before because I had no clue what the problem was.

My 92's have been stone cold reliable.  I can't imagine what it would take to make one croak, other than broken parts and that Gawdawful ammo I bought expelled from some eastern European hellhole.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a beretta owner myself. What did you do to fix it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Interested also.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanna know, too!!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it blew up and OP is dead
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:46:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe it blew up and OP is dead
View Quote

That is the saddest thing I've heard in a long while....  He was so young and turning his life around.

But seriously, why do some folks think an open forum is meant for them alone?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had similar issues with weak ammo in the Berretta 92g.  Fixed the issue by buying hotter ammo.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry I left everyone hanging!

2 things fixed my issue:

1) I cleaned it REALLY good

2) I shoot with a can on some, and had installed the stiffest wold recoil spring I could find to solve some blowback problems I had when I first got the can.  I switched back to a lighter recoil spring

I shot a number of rounds suppressed and not with the same PMC ammo and have not had an issue since.  I will not deem it "fixed" until putting another hundred rounds through it, but I doubt there will be any other hiccups.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
So back to the range and same problems now with the new spring.  worked fine suppressed, but half loading FTFs and a few FTEs with JHP loads.  Dont think its the load.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it a fixed suppressor or does it have a LID?

I have to switch springs between suppressed and not in mine, but I'm using a thread on Multimount no LID
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I use an LCD mount for my trident 9 and it runs fine.  Without the can i've put thousands of rounds through it and this just started out of nowhere.  I've cleaned the snot out of it, tried 3 different loads and 5 different mags.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry I left everyone hanging!

2 things fixed my issue:

1) I cleaned it REALLY good

2) I shoot with a can on some, and had installed the stiffest wold recoil spring I could find to solve some blowback problems I had when I first got the can.  I switched back to a lighter recoil spring

I shot a number of rounds suppressed and not with the same PMC ammo and have not had an issue since.  I will not deem it "fixed" until putting another hundred rounds through it, but I doubt there will be any other hiccups.
View Quote

um...no i didnt.  removed the extractor and holy metric ton of gunk batman!  

i also ordered some replacement springs for the mags. Some are over 20 years old and all are over 10.

will shoot it again labor day weekend.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]
wolf magazine springs came in today from Midway.  They are easily 2" longer than the ones I replaced.  Noticably tighter loading the mags.  Hoping this is the issue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Tag for outcome
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Ok.  I went 1 step beyond a good field strip cleaning and removed the ejector.  There was a METRIC TON of gunk in there.  The ejector has never been removed, and I do shoot suppressed a few hundred rounds a year.  I also replaced 3 of my 5 mag springs with Wolf +10% springs from Midway, but I highly doubt that was necessary as when I test fired it there were no problems with any of the mags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok.  I went 1 step beyond a good field strip cleaning and removed the ejector.  There was a METRIC TON of gunk in there.  The ejector has never been removed, and I do shoot suppressed a few hundred rounds a year.  I also replaced 3 of my 5 mag springs with Wolf +10% springs from Midway, but I highly doubt that was necessary as when I test fired it there were no problems with any of the mags.
View Quote

So it's fixed now?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Took it to the range Friday and ran like a top!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Great to hear...

I have a Beretta shotgun that i have not cleaned since i bought it in 2007...thousands of rounds, not a single jam.   I'm afraid to clean it and jinx it, like i did to a benelli.  Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top