Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2016 9:09:33 PM EDT
Wondering what's the best way to remove /install the barrel nut. Am working on both recvr with and without carry handle. I see different styles of jaws/blocks for sale at the
sporting goods stores and on line. Any that are the way to go, or and to totally avoid? TIA for any info.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
See Magpul BEV block, or Reaction Rod (in Brownells Catalog), Wheeler clamshell vice block. All will work. I have used the first two at work and at home for years.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the Wheeler, and have no regrets.  Works great.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
See Magpul BEV block, or Reaction Rod (in Brownells Catalog), Wheeler clamshell vice block. All will work. I have used the first two at work and at home for years.
View Quote

I'm no expert, but I've always been under the impression vise blocks were used for barrel nuts, and reaction rods (include the much cheaper Brownells version) and BEV block types were used for barrel nuts.  

Link to sourcing opinion from bigbore:  https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1692742
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top