Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2015 4:03:21 PM EDT
Just finished my new build in 300 blackout.  M4 style set up.  My first 300 build so hoping to take advantage of your wisdom.

Shoots good .....ejects great.......wont cycle the new round. Was shooting Hornady store bought ammo. I have a feeling the bolt is not coming far enough back to pick up the new round.  Pressure? spring?  Mag?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Post your specs.  Carbine length gas? Pistol length?  Sub ammo or supers? Buffer weight? Etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post your specs.  Carbine length gas? Pistol length?  Sub ammo or supers? Buffer weight? Etc.
View Quote

^^This, and did you assemble the gas block to barrel?  If so, check the gas block alignment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Also does the bolt lock back after the last round in the mag? What mag or mags have you used?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
AS everyone has said, you need to post specs on your rifle but odds are a gas problem of some sort.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses .... You all gave me the things to check and its shooting much better!

Thanks Guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top