Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 10:58:39 AM EDT
Just got a new (to me) RFB and I'm looking into options for the handguard, are there any machine shops or does anyone know of anyone else that might want to take on machining an aluminum handguard to replace the regular one?

It does SEEM too difficult but I admittedly don't have much experience in a cnc machine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a project that I've wanted to take on.

The problem with getting a shop to do it is that they have to draw it up, tweak the programming, and go through all the trouble for a single unit which will be VERY costly.

If you ship me your factory handguard, I'll take measurements and draw something up, then send it back to you while I work on getting the CAD work done.

I'll quote you a price once I have a better idea what it'll cost to manufacture.  It won't be crazy expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top