Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2015 12:50:06 AM EDT
Is there a vendor here on the board which will weld up holes on my Saiga receiver?  I am thinking of having it Cerakoted, and really would like it tip top before I invest good money into it..  FYI. I need six holes filled.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I filled mine with bondo, sand smooth and paint.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of anyone that posts or advertises here.
There are custom AK gunsmiths you can ask.
However, welding up holes in the thin steel receiver without burning through or distorting it is difficult.

Many people just install "blind" rivets that look like the other rivets in the receiver.
These are just hole fillers and serve no other purpose.  These are easy to install and pose no risk to the receiver.

For custom AK gunsmithing do a Bing or Google search.
Some possibilities are Krebs Custom, AK-USA at AK-103.com, Marshall Arms, etc

AK-103.com- AK-USA lists installation of rivets.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Cadiz Gun Works did mine.  Other than having my gun for over a year, they did a good job.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Drill, thread, plug, polish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
OP and I swapped e mails and then I never heard back from him.

Straightforward operation with a TIG and a smidge of know how, I do quite a few of them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cadiz Gun Works did mine.  Other than having my gun for over a year, they did a good job.  
View Quote

Sweet safety selector!

OP, you can do it yourself. TIG or MIG will work fine. You'll need to do some filing and blending but it isn't impossibly difficult.

However, it is MUCH easier to use the plastic rivet caps and they look fine. Many of the converted Saigas on the market just use the plastic rivets.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Matt Yeamans (My Guns Northwest). Cheap and fast turn around for a simple job. I had mine back within a week. He's pretty much the king of milled AK receiver re-welds and filling holes are nothing for him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top