Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2015 7:24:17 PM EDT
So I imagine restaking it is the proper fix.

The next question is can I do this myself or am I better off to send the gun off?  I'm not real certain I trust the local 'smith. And he's a friend I've known for ~25 years.

You can see the base was heavily staked offcenter but after shooting 100 rounds this morning, and another 150 over the past month since I bought the gun, I can now move the base back and forth with finger pressure. The good news is it tightens up again when it's properly centered on the receiver.

Shall I wick some red Locktite under the base, give it a few days to set, whack it with a punch and hope for the best.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just whack mine and restake it.  I did take my first one to a gunsmith and he was the one who told me not to worry about it, just get the punch and hammer out and give it a whack.  No big deal.  Kind of like knocking the pins out of the FSB on an AR (just don't need to hit it quite as hard as the FSB pins).
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
This recently happened on mine.  Did a bunch of research and found many guys that have simply squirted some blue loctite into the base on both sides.  Tried it and it's feels really solid.  I'm sure it will free up eventually, but for now it's good.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
There you go! The arfcom way!  Get both!

Okay I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd work on the sight (peen punch) on its bottom to lengthen it and tighten the fit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Never thought of that.

But the red locktite held for 50 rounds the other day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The drawing below is a front sight... but you get the idea.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top