Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 1:58:25 AM EDT
I'm doing some custom tweaks to the grips on my Glock. What kind of epoxy works best for filling in some texture gaps in a glock frame?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Dare i say, JB weld and black touchup paint?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#2]
well... that's about what i was going with, just wondering if there's an easily available poly alternative.

I guess at the end of the day it doesnt REALLY matter since it's gonna get grip taped
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Pic of what exactly youre trying to cover up? Is it just some stippling? Or are you talking about the factory texture?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Trying to fill in the side pannels on my new LoneWolf Timberwolf frame so I can grip tape em without the lumps

close up:

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont see how jb weld wouldn't work perfect, given it's thickness etc. Use a popsicle stick to smooth it over.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
JB Weld is dark gray in color.  Mix it with a small amount of either lampblack, or graphite powder in order to turn it black.  Dare I add that I'd simply slip on a, 'Hogue, 'Hand-All'' rubber sleeve, and leave it at that?  Grip tape wears out, sometimes fairly fast; but a, 'Hand-All' sleeve lasts for a long long time; AND, it won't lower the value of your frame!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Most people I know that do this professionally use Brownell's Acraglass and color it using the little dye packet that comes with it. DO NOT USE THE FLUX THAT COMES WITH IT!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Devcon, or marine tex.

Tint to match color, smooth in the gaps with back of a spoon. It can also be sanded once dry.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most people I know that do this professionally use Brownell's Acraglass and color it using the little dye packet that comes with it. DO NOT USE THE FLUX THAT COMES WITH IT!
View Quote

that's what I do...acraglass gel....
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been doing some research and this keeps coming up. I think I'm gonna go with it.

Out of curiosity, what does the flux do? Is it like welding rod flux, where's it acts as a sort of lube (for lack of a better term)?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've been doing some research and this keeps coming up. I think I'm gonna go with it.

Out of curiosity, what does the flux do? Is it like welding rod flux, where's it acts as a sort of lube (for lack of a better term)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It causes the acraglass to foam up and become porous.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:00:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that just looks ugly...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd just cut the little squares flush, and then do a inverted L shape insert. Should look and function great.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, found that out the hard way.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Epoxy does not bond all that well to nylon.
Some holes to let it lock to the panel would be a good idea.

Any flex in the nylon will pop it off pretty easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top