Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2015 7:17:37 PM EDT
I want to change out some parts in my M&P and this requires removing the rear sight (also want to replace the sights all together but I digress)

On the apex website theres a video of the guy using a little piece of aluminum bar (more like a rectangle than a bar) to drift them out with a hammer.  Where can I get a piece of aluminum like that, or is there a tool made specifically for this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
brass punch

mine came with a gunsmithing punch set
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
A brass punch.
They are rarely 'half hard' (or harder) any more so expect it to deform and leave 'smudge marks'
Easy to clean off with with regular gun cleaning chemicals.
Might need something for copper removal if the surface is very rough.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
you can also use a polycarbonate cutting board. cut a 3"-6" piece off and cut to fit  over your sight and tap away. Visualize of the capital letter M and that's what I'm describing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top